Chapter 22

"Oh, did you now?" Chan said as he creeped up behind them. He actually wanted to invite the boys to their table again because he honestly really liked them and wanted to get to know them better.

"No, I did not," Jisung denied.

Yet, with no help from Seungmin since he added fuel to the fire. "Yeah, he had an enormous crush back in the day, he wouldn't stop bothering me about... well anything that revolved around Minho."

Jisung sent Seungmin a very friendly death stare, his eyes also begging him to keep his mouth shut. His heartbeat increased as he was getting anxious — or rather nervous. "Okay, fine, I had a mild crush. But everyone knows a crush does not equal being in love, so it's no big deal,"

In the midst of it all, Felix was left flabbergasted. He's hearing stuff here and there, which is new news to him. He thought Jisung had always loathed Minho, because the known stuck-up boy treated him like crap.

"Bet you're in love now, aren't ya?" Chan muttered with a slight smirk. He knew Minho was changing because of this blond boy. He was thankful, even though Minho and Jisung themselves don't even know how much they influence one another.

"Over my dead body," Jisung snapped sternly. That was a given question that didn't need a lot of pondering to be answered.

"What's over your dead body?" Minho appeared out of nowhere — just like Chan did a minute ago — which startled each one of them.

Jisung's eyes grew wide. "None of your business!" he spoke loud and clear.

Minho chuckled softly as he smirked and held his hands up in defeat and turned away. "Chan, you coming?" he spoke a bit louder as he walked back over to their table.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," Chan answered back at him. He looked at the three boys as he said,  "You guys know you can join us right?"

"Thats ok—" Jisung began, until he got interrupted.

"Don't mind if I do," Felix said as he stood up and made his way over to the other table quite quickly.

"Wha—" Jisung said with a shocked expression.

Soon after Felix, Seungmin moved to the other table as well, leaving Jisung alone right where they were sitting. Chan looked at him fondly. "I—I'll stay here," he said toward Chan, who nodded his head in understanding.

~~~~~~~~~

Jisung was now left with only his mind and food, which was not enough to keep him distracted. The opposite, actually. He got annoyed with himself rather quickly and stood up, about to leave the cafeteria. Until he was met with none other than Jihna. "Are you okay?" his sister asked him.

He chuckled mockingly. "Like you give a shit," he scoffed as he walked forward and left the spacious room full of people who were averting their eyes towards the two. He never has, and never will, like attention. He hated being noticed, being stared at.

He walked into the quiet hallway and took a breath. The amount of people around him were too much for him to handle alone. Why am I like this? He admitted he was acting strange — it wasn't just his anxiety coming to surface. Yet, he had no idea as to why he was feeling so down. The boy had no clue of his own actions. He crouched down against the wall and rubbed his face in frustration, while hiding his face behind his hands.

Suddenly, few quiet steps were heard, walking towards the still crouched down boy. But he didn't bother to pay any attention to it. He had been in the worst mood swings recently.

The sound of footsteps disappeared as movements froze. Jisung felt a shadow hover above him, and the feeling wasn't wrong. "Uhm... Hello, my name is Lee Minjun, could you show me where the cafeteria is? I'm new here," the unknown boy, introduced as Lee Minjun, spoke up softly.