Wings (hurt/comfort, gore)

(Notice: I carried this oneshot over from my other book. Just a heads-up)

This, shockingly, isn't the bloodiest thing I've written, but it comes close.

Speaking of, the warnings are gore, blood, pain, emotional pain, flashbacks, trauma, all that sort of thing. 

But it's also gay, so we're all good.

WC: ~1200

Enjoy!

Xay has always liked the Nether.

He'd take it over the Overworld any day.

The biomes were one of his favorite bits.

The eerie peace of the Warped Forest.

The bright colors of the Crimson Forest.

The dangerously silent Soulsand Valley.

But one biome that Xay never really visited was the Basalt Deltas.

He didn't have anything against it, it was simply just the atmosphere that it gave off.

It gave him chills, to put it bluntly.

Xay liked to think that the biomes reflected moods, hence why he never really felt the melancholy of the Basalt Deltas.

Because he never felt that... sad.

Until today.

When Xay flew on his elytra towards the Deltas, Hels knew something was up. Xay never went to that biome, and Hels knew it. Sure, Hels had only noticed because he had recently been noticing far too many things about Xay for his own liking, but his point was still valid.

I hope he's okay, Hels thought, staring at Xay's figure vanishing into the fog. Oh, screw it, he probably isn't.

Hels gave a small sigh, then equipped his elytra and followed Xay.

Stupid, Xay scolded himself, sitting on one of the peaks of basalt. He wiped the tears from his eyes, furious that they were even there. It happened years ago, why do I still care?

"Xay!" Hels's voice echoed from somewhere around the Delta, startling Xay enough for him to physically jump, causing him to fall off his pillar and crash down onto the hard blackstone.

Tears burned at Xay's eyes, the emotional pain inside of him easily overwhelming the physical pain from his now-bleeding arm.

The ONE TIME I take off my armor, Xay thought sourly.

"X-Xay?" Hels's voice was right behind him, but Xay didn't dare turn around. Instead, he hugged himself and waited for the shame to hit.

Weak.

Crying over something that happened years ago.

Pathetic.

Disappointment.

They can't hurt you, and you know it.

"You're okay," Xay blinked away his tears at the words. It was Hels, but his voice had taken a turn that Xay had never thought possible. He sounded... worried? Like he actually cared.

Hels carefully wrapped his arms around Xay, and Xay melted into the embrace unconsciously. Sobs wrenched their way out his mouth and refused to be controlled.