chapter two

Season one, episode twelve

HUNTER GRINNED SLIGHTLY UPON SEEING THE witch that had helped him get away from his uncle. They didn't spend the remainder of the day together but, he felt like he had made as close to a friend as he had in awhile. He walked up to her, and the girl he was with, a smile on his face.

"Hey, Bonnie." The boy said, sending her a half wave as he stood next to the table.

"Hey, Hunter. This is Elena, the one we were you know, looking for." The Bennett girl informed him, introducing her brunette friend.

"Hm, your the girl that got her magic in a twist." The Saltzman boy grinned, extending his hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"I uh..." the Gilbert girl gulped, accepting the boys hand before he shook it slightly, a light smile on her face. "Nice to meet you too. I have to go to the store, my outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories. See you guys later?"

"Okay, i'll pay the bill." Bonnie replied as her friend retracted her hand from the male witches hand, scrambling up from her seat. "Bye."

"Bye." Hunter smiled, and when the girl was out of hearing distance, he sat in front of his only friend in Mystic Falls. "So, there's a dance happening?"

"Yeah, how do you not know that? The posters are everywhere." The Bennett girl laughed lightly, letting her chin rest on her hand.

"I don't exactly go into the school, however, something that isn't throwing poppers at random people's feet in the square sounds cool, have a date?" The Saltzman boy noticed the witch about to fumble over her own words. "As friends, of course."

"No, I don't." Bonnie smiled faintly. "I wouldn't mind a friend date."

"It's settled then." Hunter took out his phone, going into his contacts before he slid it over to the girl. "Guess that means I need your number."

The Bennett girl smiled, typing in her phone number and name for a contact, she saved it herself, placing it back into the other witches hand.

"See you tonight, Bonnie Bennett." The Saltzman boy smiled, picking up his order of takeout from the table before getting up to his feet and walking away from the girl with a skip in his step.

At least he had plans in this boring town now.

  THE DANCE WAS IN FULL SWING AS HUNTER swayed back and forth, Bonnie dancing along with him. He had done a Elvis Presley inspired look, since he had no clue what a decade dance was and this was all completely last minute. Alaric and his date had helped him out, it was odd to have so many positive people around him though.