chapter five

Season one, episode fourteen

  HUNTER FELT ABSOLUTELY USELESS AS HE stood around, not being able to help Bonnie, Sky, and Sheila with the spell to open up the tomb. Of course, it also didn't help that Damon Salvatore kept saying what good is a witch with no powers, or, why are you even here? Honestly, the Saltzman boy didn't even know the damn answer.

He was just there... for support?

"We're ready." Bonnie spoke up, snapping the boy out of his depressed state. Feeling useless was never a good thing, especially to a person who never really felt well... anything, at all.

"Then let's speed this up, I want to see my girl." Damon spoke, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently.

"If she even wants you." Hunter mumbled, knowing his vampire ears would hear it.

"What did you just say?" The older Salvatore asked, stepping up to him while trying to be intimidating. The Saltzman boy didn't flinch, in fact, he didn't do anything at all.

Sky did.

"Back away." The blonde quickly waved her hand, using her magic to throw the vampire to the ground a few feet away. "I've had a bad week, and you are going to shut up, let us do our spell, and then get the hell out of here, got it?"

She received a simple nod from Damon before she faintly smiled, letting out a sigh as her, Bonnie, and Sheila held hands. Hunter kept in a laugh, him and Elena exchanging glances knowing they were supposed to be serious in that moment. It was just funny to see a sixteen year old stick it to an ancient vampire.

"What are they saying?" Damon asked the Saltzman boy as the witches began to chant.

"Take a wild guess, Dracula." Hunter shrugged lightly, not wanting to help the vampire in the slightest.

From what he's seen and heard, this guy was the absolute worst of the vamps who were already terrible.

"Is it supposed to take such a long time?" Elena asked as the minutes passed by, the young teen growing worried.

"It's a tough spell, they are awesome for even being able to do it at all." Hunter explained simply, biting on his bottom lip nervously. "I just wish they could channel me... but they can't."

He didn't want any of them getting hurt.

"What's happening?" The Gilbert girl questioned as she jumped back, the fire in the torches around them growing.