chapter three

Season one, episode thirteen

  HUNTER CHEWED SLOWLY ON A PIECE OF BACON as be listened to Caroline list all the reasons Bonnie shouldn't be on a date. He figured there wasn't much harm in it, she was a pretty girl going out with a good looking guy. It all seemed pretty normal but, the blonde seemed to be way too opposed.

"If she's happy, she's happy, right? And if he happens to be the dick with think he is, we'll be good friends and pick up the pieces." The Saltzman boy shrugged. "No need to make anything complicated."

"So you have no objections to this? Because I seen you two dancing together and—"

"No, Care. I have no objections to my friend going on a date, I am fully supportive." Hunter leaned back in his seat. "Who knows if it'll even work out between them, you know? There's no reason to stress, honestly."

"What if she falls madly in love with him? And then gets pregnant and drops out of school? Then, all she'll have is his bartender salary and some cash from the grocery store to live off of!" Caroline explained dramatically, letting out a slight sigh as she pondered the possibilities.

"Can't lie, you just explained the life of like... more than half the women in my family." The Saltzman boy laughed at that, shaking his head slightly. "She'll be fine."

"Who will be fine?" Bonnie asked, coming into the room and showing her date outfit at the same time.

"You." Hunter said with a smile, taking in how beautiful she looked. He let out a shaky sigh before running his hand over his own face. "You look great, Bon."

"Thanks." The Bennett girl replied with a smile, flattening out the wrinkles in her outfit. "I wasn't sure if it would look good."

"We need to go so you can show Ben how good you like like, yesterday." Caroline added in, jumping to her feet. "Then, after the date you have to tell us everything."

Hunter furrowed his brows at how quickly Care tended to change her mind, then he just figured it was a normal teen thing? Either way, he shook his head with a laugh as he got up to his feet. "Let's go ladies."

... and somehow, he couldn't keep his eyes off Bonnie, in a friend way, of course.

  HUNTER SAT CAREFULLY WATCHING THE TELEVISION in front of him, chewing on popcorn as his phone rang. He quickly wiped the butter from his snack on his chest, reaching over to grab it. The screen read, Bonnie The Teenage Witch and he smiled, figuring her date had ended.