chapter six

Season one, episode fifteen

  BRINING BONNIE HOME FROM HER GRANDMOTHERS funeral was absolutely heartbreaking. She was lost, rightfully so and you could tell a piece of the girl was missing just by looking at her. Hunter knew he had to tiptoe around certain subjects, magic and the tomb in particular.

No matter how may calls and texts they both received from Bonnie's "friends" who wouldn't seem to let her grieve.

"Should I get you a glass of water?" The Saltzman boy asked carefully, not receiving an answer from the clearly depressed girl. "I really think you should eat too, you haven't been."

"I'm not hungry." Bonnie finally replied, burying her face deeper into the boys chest as he ran his hand up and down her arm. "Please just don't start acting like everyone else, you are the only person who hasn't been treating me like a child."

"Fine, but i'm kind of hungry, i'm going to have to escape your claws eventually." Hunter joked, laughing slightly as he felt wet tears coat his shirt. "Okay, seems like my humor is not going to help here right now."

"No, no, I like it." The Bennett girl sat up, putting on a smile the boy knew wasn't real. "I can't be sad forever."

"It's only been a week, you are allowed to grieve. Just because some people are more used to death than you, doesn't mean you have to get better on their time frame." The Saltzman boy explained, reaching forward to wipe the stray tears off the girls face. "Healing takes awhile, and if i'm honest? Sometimes it takes forever."

"Have you healed? From what happened to your family? All of them, just gone like that?" The young witch was hoping for a yes, hoping that she would get better somehow.

"No, i'm just better at hiding it than most people." Hunter's smile grew into a frown, his heart feeling like it was bound to leap out of his chest.

He had never talked about something like this before, with anyone. He never felt comfortable enough to, not with any "girlfriends" or family, not even Alaric or Sky. Yet, here he was with Bonnie Bennett, feeling the most vulnerable he had ever been.

There was a silence that stayed between the pair, neither of them daring to say anything else. They didn't need to, not when they both knew what the other was thinking. Bonnie laid her head back on the boys chest, Hunter wrapping his arms around her.

... and it was quiet.

AFTER LEAVING, HUNTER DROPPED BY CAROLINE'S HOUSE. The two had been growing close, both of them enjoying the others company. Their conversations included loads of gossiping, snack eating, and just about everything that happens at a sleep over besides, you know, the sleeping.