eight

One

One.

Two.

Aaaand three!

With a faint thud, Obanai landed on the floor. He could hear the teacher sigh as she made sure all the kids got off the bus.

Once they were all out, she clapped two times to get everyone's attention.

"Okay kids, here's what we're going to do—" her voice drifted to the background as he checked his surroundings, paying close attention to every group of kids.

Normally, he'd listen closely to an adult's instructions, specially if it's related to his favorite place in the world, Shinagawa Aquarium.

Of course, today was an exception.

Why? You may be wondering.

Well, there's an easy explanation for that, and it comes with a bundle of radiant smiles, the biggest pair of blue eyes and giggles that isn't capable of staying calm. The very same person that's waving from where he was standing.

"Obanai! Obanai! Obanai! I'm here!" Giyuu shouted.

Obanai squeezed the straps of his backpack before waving at his friend. To his dismay, Giyuu couldn't see him because he was being scolded by his teacher for —what Obanai supposed— getting away from his classmates.

There was a voice grumbling at his side, "why do we have to come here? Fish are boring."

Ah, the new kid. What was his name again?

Right! Sabito.

"Huh?" The boy looked at him confused. "Why did you call me?"

Did he say his name out loud? That's weird, he doesn't remember doing it.

Frowning, he muttered "fish aren't boring, they have so many shapes and colors."

"But all they do is float around! That's not cool!" Sabito crossed his arms stubbornly.

Obanai blinked a few times, that might be true. But still! Learning about them is super fun!

Well, at least for him is. So he decided to ask something he's sure will get his classmate a little bit excited.

"Do you think sharks and dolphins are boring too?" He tilted his head to the side.

Sabito looked at him for a few seconds before nodding, "sharks and dolphins are cool."

Hah! That, brought a smile to his face. With a giggle, he lowered his voice, catching Sabito's curiosity.

"Do you know what's the surprise?" At this, Sabito shook his head, something he expected, and whispers "a dolphin show."

Just when he said this, the teacher and her assistant called them and asked to line up so they could enter the aquarium.

He hoped he could see his best friend again and show him his favorite fish species.

No beta read, author here dies like [redacted]