six

"I'm sorry mommy, I wanted to make you a surprise and-"

She didn't let him finish, "what is wrong with you!?" Stomping her feet all the way to him. "Look at the mess you made."

He gulped, not knowing what he was supposed to answer and watched her getting closer every second that passed.

I-I'm sorry, mommy.

Blinking a few times, he tried to push back the tears that blurred his vision, slightly shaking his head to prevent her from seeing them. He could see her lips moving, by the way her face contorted, the popping vein on her forehead and the movements of her neck's muscles, he knew she was screaming at him but didn't hear a thing.

I just want to see you happy.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

She stopped on her tracks and left the room mumbling things he couldn't comprehend.
And after a few moments, he let out a defeated sigh.

The plan failed.

"I don't care, just take him out of my sight." His mom's voice echoed, him? Who is she referring to?

A sigh, "you'll regret this one day."

It's daddy's voice! But, what is he doing here? He's supposed to come tomorrow morning.

"What I regret is meeting you, now take him."

He just stood there like a statue for who knows how long, not wanting to make his mom more angry than she already was, until she heard her calling for him.

"Obanai, your dad's here to pick you up." At that, he walked directly to his room, only stopping in front of the door for she said: "your things are in the car already, don't make him wait."

Like the obedient boy he is, he made his way down the stairs and calmly said goodbye to his mom, "I love you mommy, see you best week."

"Yeah yeah, goodbye."

༻✦༺

"Sorry for picking you up earlier buddy, ready to go to the aquarium?" His father said with a sheepish smile, which changed into a more fond one after seeing how his son's face light up.

"Are we going today?"

"Yes, I'm free the rest of the day, just the two of us. What do you think?" He said, offering his fist for Obanai to bump it, who gladly accepted the offering.

"I want to see the sharks first!"

*drum roll*
guess who's back