You Don't Care

|| Osleya's Point of View ||

"So, there I am ice fishing with my father. It's a very cold day in this little ice shed." Alexei says from next to me, Yelena passing me the bottle of vodka. "Cold even for Russia, you know? "Keep the vodka by the fire," my father would always say to me."

"Please stop talking..." Lena whispers from next to me, as I chug some of the vodka.

"Please wait. Please wait." Alexei keeps asking us.

"Please, no." Me and Yelena whisper, as I pass the bottle of vodka back to her. "Please, we don't want to talk."

"Please. Please. There is a reason why I'm telling you two this, okay? Trust me. I am reaching for fish. Oh! I lose balance. Ah! Splash! My hands go in the river. In this weather, frostbite sets in quick. My father, he go toilet on my hands."

"Oh my god. Oh my god." We both groan, as he continues.

"Urine is 35 degrees Celsius, starves off the frost bite."

"How is this relevant?" I ask him, drinking more of the vodka.

"You know, fathers." I hear Yelena actually laugh from next to me.

"No. No. You have done nothing but tell us how bored you were. We were the chore, the job you didn't want to do." Yelena says, turning to face him. "To us? To us you were everything."

Alexei doesn't say anything.

"Exactly. You don't care. You don't care. The only thing you care about is your stupid glory days as the Crimson Dynamo, and no one wants to hear about it."

"It's the Red Guardian..." He whispers to me after I stopped my rant.

"Get out." Me and Yelena both say. "Get out!" Alexei sighs, standing up and walking away, as I take a huge sip of vodka before handing the bottle to Yelena again. Alexei doesn't get far though, before he stops.

"I can't remember, if I cried, when I read about his widowed bride, something touched me deep inside, the day, the music, died." Alexei says, sitting down on a chair in the corner of the room, looking at both me and Yelena. "And they were singing,"

"Bye miss American pie." I whisper, giving Alexei a small smile.

"Drove my cheevy to the leeve, but the leeve,"

"Was dry, them good old boys, drinking whiskey... singing this will be the day that I die," We all sing quietly.

"This'll be the day..." Before Alexei can finish, the room is flooded with blue lights coming in. Alexei quickly stands up and looks out the window, Yelena and I standing behind him. They're a jet outside...

"Get down." Dad tells us, both me and Yelena immedately crouching by the bed as he puts on his helmet. A tranqulizer dart is shot at him and hits him in the chest. He scoffs, taking it out.

"They think..." and then about 20 more darts are shot at him, him promptly falling down. Yelena grabs his hand before snapping out, both of us taking our guns out and standing up. I reach over and open the door, Yelena going out first with her gun, ready at any moment to shoot. I follow her, covering her back as we look around the hallway we're in. We put our backs against the wall of the hallway, and I go first this time, aiming my gun at everything i look at. We slowly but surely make our way to the kitchen, where we see Natasha on the ground.

I quickly check her pulse while Yelena covers me. Luckily, Natasha isn't dead...

I hear Yelena put her gun up as foot steps come closer to us, so I stand up with my gun too. Although we both put our guns down when we see Melina...

"I'm sorry." She tells us, before shoot us both with her widow bites, knocking us out just like she did Natasha...

Mom walking away is the last thing I see, before darkness hit.

-----------------------

Shorter chapter, I know, but I felt that this was a really great place to stop because it leaves us on a cliffhanger (even if you've already watched the movie and know what is going to happen) and it's right before the climax/finally.

So, yeah! Hope you enjoyed.