- ➴ Ch 3 : Goodnight

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

;3 Months later;

It's been three months since we've even gotten any information on the Childe case. He was still gone and the Fatui members were tired of waiting, so the 1st and 2nd Harbingers decided to take up the case for themselves. Eventually Scaramouche and I's relationship grew stronger, and we were still going against each other, but we changed in the way we saw each other.

Often he would get flustered and nervous around me, something he wouldn't do often, so it amused me greatly. I often teased him about it and he would just insult me out of embarrassment. I doubled in my strength and often would practice more than usual, with Scaramouche of course. I would catch myself thinking about him, thinking about how embarrassed or different he would act around me.

It was a cold night in the palace, and I was shivering alone in my bedroom, not having access to any proper heat. I suddenly then heard my door, and a set of wheels followed behind a pair of footsteps.

"Y/N."

I sat up and realized it was just Scaramouche.

"Hm?" I hummed as I watched as he hooked something up and suddenly the room lit up from the light of a heater.

"Don't sleep in the cold, it's dangerous."

I blushed at his caring actions and nodded as I laid back down, still slightly sleepy. I studied his features and noticed that he seemed less intimidating without that large ass hat on his head. He seemed different in a good way, and his expressions were soft, assuming that he was probably too tired to hold a displeased look on his face. He noticed my sleepy actions and began to walk out of the room until I called for him.

"Wait—Can you stay? Just for tonight?"

He looked at me with a confused face, but his expression softened as he closed my room door and sat on the opposite side of my bed, clearly a bit anxious.

"Sleep next to me."

He surprisingly did as he was told with no hesitation, climbing under my blankets, the temperature between us suddenly rising. I could tell he was a bit embarrassed, so I scooted closer to him, my back hitting his chest.

I sleepily mumbled. "You're warm.."

He was tense for a bit but sooner or later he calmed down and began to stroke my sides, getting sleepy himself. It was completely out of character for him to do, but I most definitely wasn't complaining. I snuggled closer to him, feeling as if I were a block of ice that suddenly began to melt. I slowly began to drift off to sleep as I felt him play in my hair, his head sleepily lying on mine.

"Hey Y/N?"

"Hm.."

"If I can't have you...is love completely off of the table?"

I couldn't really think, the thoughts of a nice warm sleep only clouding my mind.

"It wouldn't matter because if you wanted me you could have me."

He softly chuckled and rested his head back onto mine.

"Goodnight Y/N."

"Hmm..Goodnight Scara."