- ➴ Ch 17 : Reunited

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

"Y/N! For the last time I'm okay!"

It's been two weeks since Scaramouche recovered, and in those two weeks I couldn't help but go into protective mode and be around him all the time. I was worried and scared that something else would happen to him, and next time he might not have the small chance of living like he did then. I was constantly alert and by his side, eying everyone that talked to him and getting defensive when someone made a questionable move.

I could tell he was slowly getting fed up with this, but deep down he knew that I was just doing it because I was scared. I was scared that the same situation would happen again and I wouldn't be there, I was scared of losing him. I promised to myself that I wouldn't let anything between us again, and that I'd be at his aid 24/7, even though he really didn't need it.

"I'm just making sure! You seemed as if you were about to faint."

Scaramouche raised an amused eyebrow at me, then playfully grabbed my face, squishing my cheeks as I frowned.

"Aw, Maybe a kiss will make me feel better."

I shot him an annoyed look before kissing him, pulling away as I flicked his forehead. I could tell that he wasn't taking me seriously and that I was overreacting a tiny bit, so I sat down in the chair in front of his desk and sighed. He chuckled and continued flipping through the book he was reading before I interrupted. As he was reading the book, I noticed that he dozed off a few times, swaying his head before shaking himself awake, which probably caused me to think he was about to faint.

"I-"

Before I could even get a word out, some Fatui members burst through the door, panting as if they'd been running for hours.

"Hello! We've come with important news regarding the Hunt decree for Tartaglia."

"Go on." Scaramouche said as he leaned back, crossing his legs.

The Fatui members began explaining everything they knew about the case, showing evidence of where Childe could be. According to the information Given, it showed that Childe and Lumine were headed towards Inazuma, having recently left Mondstadt. They seemed to be en route to Liyue by wagon through a hidden trail. After taking in this information I sat in thought, trying to figure out ways we could possibly ambush them.

"It's also known that they're traveling with a third person, whom of which we have no information of yet."

A third person?

"Thank you, please let the head of the Fatui know, and get more people on the case. Have Signora and her unit meet up with us outside of Dawn Winery." I said.

The men nodded before bowing, exiting through the door in which they had came from.

"That Bastard.." Scaramouche mumbled.