- ➴ Ch 23 : Tiny light

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏
tw: gore? idk tbh.

w: 2.1 spoilers, do not read unless you want to be spoiled about Raiden Shogun.

:Y/N's POV:

As we surfaced the water, I used the rest of my strength to pull Childe and I to the near-by shore. Once I pulled us up, I immediately dropped him and began to cough up the water that filled my lungs and he did the same, rolling over on his back once he realized he was still alive. I hung my head down until I could breath again and then lifted my head up, viewing the palace from the distance.

"Why..did you save me..?"

I sat there for a moment, because in all honesty I didn't know why either. It was something I did upon impulse, an urge. I couldn't sit there and let someone else die carelessly in front of my eyes. I was traumatized enough, and if I was able to prevent anyone from dying, that's exactly what I was gonna do. I personally had enough of everyone I cared about just dying and getting hurt in front of me. The whole point of joining the Fatui was to avoid *just* that, but no matter what I did, it continued to happen everyday. I hated the Fatui, I hated the danger they put us in constantly, everyday felt like fighting for your life.

"I don't know why."

We sat in silence, still processing the thought that we were still alive.

"I'm leaving the Fatui."

He suddenly sat up and turned to me, staring at me with surprised eyes.

"They'd kill you for sure."

I managed to stand up, and looked over the sea.

"I'll die regardless if I stayed there. I'd rather leave and die in the process or have them die trying to catch me."

He sat in silence, thinking about what I said.

"Freedom is still present, and that's what I'm choosing to do in order to be free. Leaving the Fatui."

The waves crashed against the shore and the birds curiously flew above us, watching as we just continued to sit in silence. It was a hard decision to make, considering the fact that I never reached my father's rank, but if I stayed there any longer than I needed to, I'd never be able to experience true happiness. Besides, I never exactly planned on what I was going to do if I ever did reach that rank. It was something I never even took the time to think about, the subject still gray matter in terms of my mind. I made the decision for myself, and for the people I cared about. Everyday was like war, never true peace, and in the end we were just going to end up getting ourselves killed.