- ➴ Ch 14 : Way out

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚

⌢ : ♡ ⤹ ぃ ゚. ﹏﹏﹏

It was late at night, and I was left alone with my terrorizing thoughts, upset and annoyed. I sat in my bed, staring out the window to find a purpose in everything. Why was this happening to me? I hadn't spoke to Scaramouche or Childe for atleast three days, yet they never cared to check up on me.

I don't completely blame them, they don't know nor understand my reason for wanting to stay so bad. I was never open about my past life or my personal goals, or why I choose to fight so hard. Yet again, it still bothered me, it bothered me how they never came to show, or consider apologizing. I sighed loudly, were they waiting on me to apologize first? It wasn't fair, and it hurt knowing that they probably didn't care about the situation.

After awhile, I heard a series of rapid knocks.  I groaned, not really wanting to leave my bed, and went to the door.

"Who is it?"

"It—it's a package for Y/N."

The voice seemed tiny and afraid.

"From who?" I asked, pressed against the door.

"It—It doesn't—say.."

She seemed nervous and intimidated, probably wanting to just get the conversation over already. I sighed yet again and opened the door , revealing to myself a small shaky figure who was clutching a box rather tightly. She jumped when she saw me and slowly handed me the box. I carefully took it from her hands and shot her a kind smile.

"Thank you."

She bowed and quietly left, not daring to turn around once. I closed my room door and sat at my desk, turning on my desk lamp to see what the Package was. It came in a small brown box, and it was wrapped with a thin brown string. On the box it neatly read, 'For: Y/N' nothing else regarding in terms of who it was from. I carefully untied the strings and opened it, removing a bunch of wax paper until I finally reached a jar, shocked to see what was inside.

Inside was a shining yellow jade, and a dangerous one. It was called Nephrite. Nephrite was a highly dangerous jade that was used to strip your elemental powers away and take a chunk of your memories away regarding them. If I were to just simply touch it, my powers would be taken away, and some of my memories would be gone.

I shakily placed the jar on the desk, staring at its mesmerizing glow. Who would even send me this and why? Was this some kind of cruel prank? It scared me, what if someone had it out for me? I would be falling into their trap just by opening it and seeing what it was. It worried me, and all I could do was push it to the side. I had to be careful when handling this, because any contact with it, such as touching or inhaling it's powder, is extremely dangerous.

I began to wonder who could've sent it. I was hoping it wasn't Scaramouche or Childe, but then again, Nephrite wasn't really taught amongst us or told about, so it's rare for someone to even know about it. I shivered and decided that I go and atleast confront the other two about it. If I wanted answers I realized they weren't going to just come to me themselves, so I had to dig. I slipped on my shoes and turned off my desk lamp, the Jade going dim with lack of light.