42. United

You can tell that Mr

You can tell that Mr. McNelson is less than pleased with pretty much everyone, just by reading the email he sends out about respecting your peers. I can't tell if it's directed at Lloyd for outing Exander and I, Exander for yelling at Lloyd, or me for shoving him. Probably all three of us. And pent up frustration at literally everyone in the cast for all of the non-academic drama that happened in his class this year.

Anyways. My suspension happens, I do my best to keep up with all my classes, and then it's spring break. I get an email from Exander telling me the date and time of his extracurricular rehearsal, which was organized by him and Cael. I find it kind of hilarious, even though I know it's Cael's way of trying to apologize for blackmailing him.

The rehearsal goes incredibly well, just like the last one. The turnout is less than last time, but that's okay. It's completely worth it just to see Exander in his natural element. He seems calmer than he has- well, basically since Thaniel left. And not in a depressed sort of way, either. More a happy, satisfied kind of calm. Like this rehearsal is the tail end of some kind of healing process for him.

My heart aches with happiness, just seeing him smile. He's beautiful, and I'm so desperately in love with him, and I hadn't even realized that the last time I saw him actually, genuinely smile was over a month ago.

The energy of the rehearsal is indescribable.

We run through most of the second act without many issues, despite it being the first time we've actually attempted to run through the show. Also, we haven't gone over the blocking and choreography for a few of the songs yet, so we just kind of stand around on the stage and sing together, and even that feels so powerful and uniting.

United. That's what this feels like.

And then school happens again. The false limbo of everything being okay is broken and the stress comes back. Should I try and make another move on Exander and risk rejection, or should I avoid him and just pray that I can eventually move on? Not to mention that Mr. McNelson's being a little harder on us now, which is fair since the amount of drama in this class has far surpassed the curriculum's quota, and also we're nearing the end of April and the show is in early May so we've got a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it.

Things go surprisingly smoothly to the end of April- I think we're all too stressed with the show and upcoming exams to pick on each other at this point. I decide not to worry about the whole thing with Exander until after the show, because I don't want to be rejected and then still have to see him every day until the show's over. Plus, we have to perform together.

The first week of May is tech week. So everyone is tense and on edge, and we have no real outlet for all our nervous energy since rehearsals are taking up most of our free time and whenever we're not in school or rehearsing, all we really want to do is sleep.

Exander shows up at my house halfway through the week. Spica's out at her art class. I see him from my bedroom window and half consider pretending I'm not home so I won't have to talk to him. But I can't. Because I do want to talk to him, because I love him and it's getting really hard not to think about holding him and touching him and kissing him and- well, other things- all the time.