There ⁶

⊱ ──────────── ⋆ ──────────── ⊰

6:30 PM.

7:00 PM

7:45 PM

8:00 PM

It's time. I finished writing my letters of explanation. I put on my coat and tape the letters to the counter.

One for my father.

One for the whole team.

And one addressed in an envelope for Iwa-chan.

I put on my shoes, and left the door ajar, taking my time to look at the scenery for the last time.

I finally stop walking as I arrived at a highway about 15 minutes away.

8:19 PM

Taking off my shoes, I sat on the edge of the highway, for a minute or two, contemplating my decision.

Was this really the right choice?
Of course, it was. I didn't have anything or anyone to live for. I completely let myself go, and my volleyball skills are complete trash compared to those born with natural skills. My father, and my mother, were both either gone or didn't care. What more was my purpose in life for?

Cars honked.

Lights flashed, as a body tumbled down into the gliding of cars.

The body of Oikawa Tooru, an infamous volleyball player.

──────────── { ❉ } ────────────

9:28 PM

Iwaizumi was walking to Oikawa's house with everyone else behind him. They reached their destination, but upon arriving realized something felt awfully off.

"The door's open, Iwaizumi-san."

"I can see that, Shirabu."

The cool summer breeze pushed open the door, revealing a dusty countertop, glass shards, and an otherwise clean household. Taped to the table were three letters, one addressed to the team, one specifically for Iwaizumi, and one for Oikawa's father.

"Where's he gone? And what the hell are these letters for?"

"Open it 'Iwa-chan~', maybe it's a love letter." joked Hanamaki.

Iwaizumi opened the letters, as the team crowded behind to read from his shoulder.

Dear Iwa-chan,
How has life been? I missed you, you know? I miss the old conversations we had, I miss the times when you would hit me and apologize, and I miss the times we would climb up on the roof just to stargaze. I wish we were back in the times when we were younger, living life without a care. But we've grown, and we've taken our separate ways, and even so, I still miss you, as my childhood friend.

I apologize for being annoying, I don't mean to be. You're a great friend, always have been, and always will be. Therefore, I want to say that I'm really sorry for doing this, and I know this may sound selfish but please don't get mad at me. Please understand I did this for the sake of myself and everyone else around me. No one ever liked me for me, besides for the fact that I was a volleyball player. A famous one, but I have no skill. No matter what I did, it wasn't good enough, according to our teammates and myself. Many people disliked me, and I disliked myself. Well, now I see it's majority rules.

You seemed to do pretty well without me these past few weeks, and I'm really happy to see you've moved on from me as a person. I'm feeling a bit disappointed though, have you really never thought of me anymore? But even so, continue to do that for the remainder of your life, as I'm sure you'll grow up to be of ripe old age. I hope that this letter finds you in good health and good condition, as by the time you're reading this, I'll be gone. I wish you the best of luck in life, and I hope you continue to thrive in life, and if you ever do miss, just look up by the clouds, as I'll always be up in the sky cheering for you.

Sincerely,
Oikawa Tooru,
July 20

Everyone was in complete shock. Iwaizumi's eyes burned as tears swelled up in his eyes, falling. He folded the paper and broke down in sobs. Makki and Mattsun stood together, Makki crying as Mattsun was holding him, trying to calm him down through his own tears. Kyoutani ran from the house, gripping a beer bottle from the floor and smashing it, tears streaming down his face. Watari, Kunimi, and Kindaichi sat down, still paralyzed from the events that occurred. Sharibu ran after Kyoutani, hand in his pocket, searching for his phone, dialing for the police.

Everything went by in a blur, and no one could explain what was supposed to be a happy day, which now turned into a nightmare.

Oikawa was found by the highway, sustaining severe injuries all over his body. Paramedics felt for a pulse as Iwaizumi sat by him, grabbing his hand, feeling the last of his warmth before coldness took over his body. No pulse, no heartbeat, no nothing.

Tooru Oikawa, Born on July 20, and dead by July 20 (Prodigy volleyball player, great friend, and outstanding leader) was what was written on his tombstone.

Had all this been said to him when he was still alive, would he still be awake right now and waving at everyone?

Today was July 20th. Today, Iwaizumi felt overbearing guilt as he screamed for Oikawa to just please wake up. Today, Oikawa's father learned remorse, and regret. Today, the nation was stunned when they found out what had happened to a superb volleyball player.

But even if it was today that Oikawa had died, tomorrow, the guilt will still be present.

$---------------------------<3----------------------------$

HELLO, it's river. 
I'm finally done with the novel! I just want to thank you for all the support on this story, I never knew it would get so far. I finally updated after months, and I thank you voters for waiting so patiently. Please let me know what other stories you would like to read about in the comments and I hope this was up to your standards! 

Thank you all again,
river <3