The Argument ¹

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"IWA-CHAN~,"

 Oikawa said in his whiny tone, gripping Iwaizumi's sleeve.

It was Saturday afternoon, Oikawa, and Iwaizumi were taking a walk in Miyagi Park. Oikawa was pestering Iwaizumi with questions.

"What do you want?" Iwaizumi responded in a stiff manner, not looking at the irritating brunette next to him.

"Does a straw have one hole or two holes?" 

"Personally I think that they have two because there's one on the top and on the bottom," Oikawa added as an afterthought.

Iwaizumi was trying hard to control his temper, and it gradually becomes harder to do so as Oikawa kept asking him pointless questions.

"Which comes first, the chicken, or the egg?"

"If a-"

Finally, Iwaizumi couldn't stand it any longer. 

"Do you ever shut up?"

Oikawa shifted his face and rested his eyes upon Iwaizumi's dark brown eyes. He thought that Iwaizumi was just lecturing him again, and took it as a joke. 

"Well, it's not my fault you're stupid and you don't know how many holes a straw has." 

"SHUT UP. Just shut up. You're always Iwa-chan this, Iwa-chan that. I can't even begin with how childish you are."

 Iwaizumi fumed, pushing Oikawa away from him.

Iwaizumi knew that wasn't true, and truthfully, he liked that nickname, but he would never tell Oikawa. But at that moment he just snapped. Everything he's been bottling up, he let it all out on Oikawa.

 "You're always following me around! I didn't even want you to come to the park with me!"

Oikawa now realized that this was more than just a lecture, and he tried to defend himself.

"But I asked you if you wanted to come-"

"I hate you. Leave me the fuck alone."

Iwaizumi said seriously. Oikawa stayed quiet, dropping his gaze from Iwazumi's brown eyes down to the carefully paved floor. Iwaizumi turned around again in angry confusion. Normally Oikawa would have said "Iwa-chan, why are you so mean?", or something along the lines of that, but Oikawa looked hurt by the words that he said.

Upon closer look, Iwaizumi noticed something concerning. Oikawa looked disarrayed. His normally combed hair was messy, his shirt was untucked, and his eyes had dark circles underneath them.

"D-do you really hate me, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa said in an unusually small voice.

Despite the voice in his head telling him to say otherwise, and apologize but Iwaizumi just replied with a simple "Yes." 

"Oh. I'm sorry for bothering you."

Oikawa turned around and walked toward the exit of the park. Iwaizumi was left there perplexed. He couldn't understand what just happened. Iwaizumi stood there, in the middle of the park, watching as Oikawa's silhouette becomes smaller and smaller, and then, it disappears. 

                              »»————- ♔ ————-««

Walking away from the park, Oikawa felt a sudden soreness in his chest. Something he's never experienced before. It hurt him to sprint, so he walked slowly the rest of the way home. Then, he thrust the key into the keyhole, opening the door. The house, although big had a dark gloomy aura to it. 

Instantly, he wished he was back at the park. Everything there felt welcoming, light despite what happened with Iwaizumi. His knee was paining him again, and he missed the days where he could walk home, and his parents would be there, greeting him, welcoming him home. He was so carefree then. No worries, just playfulness.

 But then again, he would rather be alone, than have an abusive father. His father left after a fight between him and Oikawa's mother. Oikawa's mother couldn't bear with Oikawa not having a father figure, and apologized many times. Now though, she's out working for months at a time.

 Closing the door behind him, Oikawa walked upstairs to my room. His head filled with intrusive thoughts overwhelming him. 

"Why are you so stupid?"

"You couldn't even get to nationals."

"Your team deserves a better captain."

His head was spinning, everything pained him. After a few minutes of struggling to breathe, he collapsed on the wooden floor.