Life With You ⁴

⋘ ──────── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ───────── ⋙

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Oikawa jerked his head up, startled by the sudden noise, adding onto to the sound of pattering rain against his windowsill. Volleyball practice was nowhere near over yet so it was impossible that it was Iwaizumi. Oikawa stuffed his phone into his pocket and walked towards the door.

The stranger outside knocked more.

"Jeez, I'm coming," Oikawa huffed in annoyance and limped toward the door as fast as his legs could allow him to.

He opened the door, and a very drunk-looking person was standing in front of him.

"Hello, sir? What are you doing in front of my house?"

"D-don't be silly Tooru, d-don't t-tell me you can't r-remember y-your own f-father!" He slurred over his words, barely making any sense.

"Father?" 

Oikawa racked his brain and tried to remember. His father left when he was 9 years old. His father, Hideki Oikawa, had a fight with his mother, and out of anger, he left and never came back. He's always said that Oikawa was weak and that he should be learning how to make a business grow instead of playing volleyball. Insults were normal when growing up with Hideki Oikawa, and physical fights were common also.

"TOORU! LET ME IN!"

"W-what?" 

"No. You aren't allowed i-in." Oikawa said firmly, trying to make it seem like he wasn't scared, but he was sure his voice quivered a bit.

"Oikawa Tooru, if you don't move the fuck away from the door, and let me in, you know what'll happen to you? You'll be dead."

His eyes had a malevolent gleam in them. Oikawa stepped back into the house and he pushed him into the door, walking into the house.

"Get me a towel."

Oikawa walked away from the door, slammed it shut, and ran upstairs grabbing a new towel from the closet. He let reality sink in.

He just let a man claiming to be his father into his house.

He walked back downstairs, giving his father the towel. He grabbed it from Oikawa, twisting his wrist in the process. Oikawa winced.

"Where i-is the bathroom?" He said drunkenly.

"Down the hall, to your left," Oikawa muttered rubbing his now red wrist.

"Don't mutter, you sound pathetic. I wanted a businessman as my son, not some volleyball player." He said looking at the jersey hanging on the chair with disgust.

"Well, it's not my fault you decided to leave for 8 years, leaving me to fend for myself while you decided to become an alcoholic," Oikawa said under his breath.

"What did you just say?" Hideki Oikawa said as he turned around. Oikawa felt his stomach plummet and immediately regretted his words.

"N-nothing..." Oikawa said cowering under his father's menacing glare.

"You worthless piece of shit. Don't ever talk back to me." He slapped Oikawa's face, hard. 

"S-sorry," Oikawa mumbled.

"I said don't mutter. You sound pathetic. Say it louder."

"Sorry," Oikawa said louder this time.

Hideki glanced at Oikawa once more, before turning his back and walking down the hall. 

"I guess this is life with you."

»»--------------------------(¯' '¯)----------------------------»»