Knocking ³

⊱ ──────────── {⋆⌘⋆} ──────────── ⊰

'I guess Oikawa's fine then.'

Iwaizumi was still fighting whether to apologize to him or not and decided against it. Iwaizumi was walking down to the gym after the bell rang, signaling the end of the 8th period. But Oikawa didn't take the same route as him. Iwaizumi felt a sudden urge to talk to Oikawa but once again, shook off the uneasy feeling, and walked down to the gym.

"Hey, what's happening?" Iwaizumi said as he stepped into the gym.

"Well, Oikawa's missing." replied a stony-faced Kyotani.

"Missing? He can't be missing, I saw him walk down the hallway to the science classroom-"

"Well, that's the problem, isn't it? You let him get away." said an amused Hanamaki.

"We all know that if he doesn't have his babysitter," Matsukawa pointed at Iwaizumi, and continued,

"He'll probably do something stupid again." finished Hanamaki.

"He's not a child, he can manage."

"I doubt that. He's a child in a 17-year-old's body." sneered Kyotani. 

"You guys better learn to stop talking about Oikawa-san like that," Yahaba said.

"I second that." Watari agreed.

Yahaba and Watari rarely joined in on the team's snide remarks about their captain.

"We can't deny that he displays childish behavior a lot, though," Kunimi said, walking into the gym last minute, closely followed by Kindaichi who gave a nod.

Coach Irihita strode over to Iwaizumi.

"As the vice-captain of this team, you're to take order as Oikawa's taking a leave."

"A leave? What do you mean, Coach?" said Kindaichi.

"It means that he's taking the afternoon off, for an appointment," Irihita said, as he walked over to the bench, resuming watching them.

"It's weird that Oikawa would miss practice for a doctor's appointment when he wouldn't even go eat because of practice." Iwaizumi said, shaking his head.

"Don't dwell on it too much, man. It's like he would do anything dangerou-"

"He once jumped into a lake with the tide current higher than 100." Iwaizumi said, gritting his teeth.

"Look at this, Mattsun."

'Look at him being all soft for Oikawa, Makki." Mattsun said.

"I am not." 

"Whatever, lover boy."

--------------------- ≪ °✾° ≫ ----------------------

Meanwhile, it was raining outside. Oikawa was limping home, applying pressure on his thighs while also shielding his hair from the rain. He got home, and nearly collapsed on the couch.

"How the hell do these little cuts hurt like hell?" he groaned, as he propped his leg up on a pillow. 

 He finished cleaning up the blood around his thighs and sat down on the couch, unlocking his phone. 

30 minutes until practice ends, he thought. 

He tried to relax in the meantime. Opening up Messages, he saw 20+ notifications from the volleyball group chat. They talked there and acted like Oikawa was non-existent.

"Oikawa's limping LMFAO" - ᵖⁱⁿᵏ ʰᵃⁱʳᵉᵈ ʷᵉⁱʳᵈᵒ ☆(Today at 10:54)

"y'all saw that meme of him as a door?" -eYeBrOwS(Today at 10:54)

"MEME OF WHAT??? SEND IT RN" - ᵖⁱⁿᵏ ʰᵃⁱʳᵉᵈ ʷᵉⁱʳᵈᵒ ☆(Today at 10:55)

"I actually want to see this..." -𝗺𝗮𝗱-𝗱𝗼𝗴 😾(Today at 10:56)

"(attachment - 1 image)" -eYeBrOwS(Today at 10:56)

 "I'M SORRY BUT LMAOOOO" - doggo tamer👺(Today at 10:57)

"What is with all the pings?? wait is that Oikawa? LMFAOOO" -ₐₙgₑᵣ ᵢₛₛᵤₑₛ 😡(Today at 10:57)

"I said I wouldn't do anything that might harm Oikawa-san's feelings but that's really funny-" -𝓌𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓎🐠 (Today at 10:58)

And on it goes. He muted the group chat weeks ago, but he now realized that they took no notice of him. He closed his eyes and fell into a sort of trance.

That was until he heard a knock on his front door.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━