Nokukhanya (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3

●Nokukhanya Ngwenya 

“I cannot believe you right now! What did I say to you? Didn’t I ask you to stay by side?” She says and start taking the chairs from the table and putting them back on their rightful place. The restaurant will be open in 30 minutes.

“You did. I’m sorry Cindy.” I’ve been apologizing to her since yesterday. I stopped by her place when I got back from my grandmother but she’s not having it even Jabu couldn’t save me from her this time.

“I go to the bathroom for 2 minutes. 2 minutes! Then you have drank for the whole year! What were you thinking?”

“Ladies! Keep it moving! Get back to work!” Mr Jones says loudly for the whole world to hear.

“I’m sorry Cindy. Please forgive me I was only trying to get back at you then I over did it.”

“You cant over do it Nokukhanya…you just cant! Move out of my way!” She pushes me slightly and go to the next table. I follow her.

“Cindy I’m sorry hle.” I’m in a brink of tears right now. Cindy means a lot to me and her being angry at me is weighing me down.

She sighs deeply.

“Nokukhanya do you know how worried I was when I couldn’t find you. I panicked.” She was worried about me?

“Then I found you dancing on top of a table. How embarrassing that was… I can’t with you anymore. What’s going to happen when I leave…who is going to clean up after you? I told Jabu you weren’t ready but no athi you are old enough…and mina I worry about you.”

“Leave? You leaving? When and why?”

“Ladies work please!” Mr Jones voice can be very irritating sometimes. Very! Like right now can’t he see I’m talking to my best friend.

“We will talk later.” She says going away from me to change because she is working behind the counter today and I’m on kitchen duty again.

.
.

What did she mean she’s leaving? Leaving to where? Cindy can’t leave she knows she is the only one I have besides my grandmother. After my parents died all my relatives died as well. I’m all alone in this world without her.

“Nokukhanya someone is looking for you.” Cant these people leave me alone with my thoughts and these stupid dishes? Can’t they see that I’m freaking out here Cindy wants to leave me.

“Looking for me?” I glance up and find Khensani folding her arms and tapping her foot. They should seriously burn the chewing of a gum because she is over doing it now what’s left is for her to blow a bubble.

“Yes you. Ukhona umunye uNokukhanya lana.” Mxm this bitch! Who the hell does she thinks she is talking to me like that. Ngathi angawa! 

I follow her to the front busy shaking her none existing hips. I inwardly laugh at her because phela ugirl is'shwapha siziphamadla.

When we finally reached the front Cindy is busy smiling from ear to ear talking to some guy in a suit. I wonder what will Jabu say if he saw her like this phela this is beyond flirting she was undressing the poor man.

Ooh dzamm who is tha-…?

Bam! 

Ass on the floor! 

Head bump will be visible in 3 seconds!

“Son of a bitch! Dammit!” I cursed the moment pain pierced through my whole body as my head came in contact with the special notice board. How many times must I tell that old Jones to put this shit near the door and not here.