Nokukhanya (Chapter 20)

Chapter 20

●Nokukhanya Ngwenya

“Are you not going to let me in?” She asks with a grin and my eyes goes straight to her big belly.
How the hell did she find me? That’s all I want to know and damn this stupid security company for not notifying me.

Argh!

And damn my brain, this bitch, for deserting me right now because I just had a brain freeze. I mean how can I have brain freeze at this moment? When I need ‘her’ sarcasm to annoy people and mostly me, my brain doesn’t come out to play.  

Eish!

I should be happy that she’s here with me after two years of not seeing her right? But I feel otherwise. After I left, she cut me off. At first, I thought it was her hormones, but she blocked me until today. I did try to get hold of her once I was settled in this side, but she never met me halfway, so forgive me for not being ecstatic because she is standing at my door with an ugly big nose and big stomach.

“Are you not going to let your sister in?”  I don’t have a sister.

Eye roll. 

Damn! She looks older than me and last time I remember me and her were the same age.

“Come in, Cindy.” 

“Still rude, I see.”

“Why do you care?” I ask and laughs alone. 

I watch her sitting down at my expensive couch feeling at home. I don’t remember telling her to feel at home.

“I’m hungry. Can I please have something to eat.” Another eye roll.

I make my way to the kitchen to make the queen something to eat. Besides the fact that I want to strangle her to death right now watch her die and cry for two minutes then wake her up again for cutting me off in her life where we promised each other that it was us against the world until our last breath in this earth, I still love her dearly and I am only making her food because of the baby she is carrying. 

“Please hurry, my baby is hungry.” Hayibo! 

'Can she go back wherever she crawled from? ‘Bitch don’t lie, you are happy that she is here with you.’

“Thank you.” She says as she finishes her sandwich. She should be grateful that I made it with love or else she would have choked on it...

“I missed you.”

“I find that hard to believe.”

“Its true and you know it.”

“You cut me off, Cindy.”

“It was for the best.” She says.

“Best for you maybe.” 

“Trust me it was for the best, look at you.” She looks at me as I stand up from the couch and start pacing up and down. Lately I have been doing a lot of walking around when I feel cornered, I did the same thing with that man. 

Sigh.

She mustn’t start with me not when my emotions are this high.

“Nokukhanya…” Deep breath.

“Hhai Cindy! It was best for you. Not for me! You just cut me off from your life, just like that. So don’t sit here and tell me it was for the best for me because it wasn’t. I lost my grandmother for heaven’s sake! I needed you dammit! And you had to listen to your stupid sister telling you I was ‘strong’ and old enough to take care of myself, when you look at me do you see a strong person yeh? Well, now I am but then I wasn’t back then I needed you, and you knew that, yet you listened to that bitch!” I finish my rant she looks red ready to kill me. well, the bitch must bring it on.