Nokukhanya (Chapter 18)

Chapter 18

●Nokukhanya Ngwenya

Days passed without hearing anything from him. I even unblocked him everywhere just to make sure that I did not miss any communication from him, but there was nothing from him, not a single word from him. I replaced that glass that I broke the same day his son was born. Yeah, he has a son now. Linda told me, well he didn’t tell me straight it was indirect, but I knew he was saying it out loud for me to hear that his brother has a son now when he came to see uNonjabulo. He said it so loudly that I could hear it from the kitchen while they were sitting in the lounge. Apparently, he is over the moon on the birth of his son. He deserves this moment with his son and wife because somehow, I did rob him of the opportunity to be involved with his daughter from day one.

Today, I’m going to the office for my part. There is meeting for the shareholders to announce that Langa will be taking a break to raise his son and in the interim, they are going to choose a CEO who will be in charge until he returns. Not that I think this was necessary for him to take three months leave as his wife, I mean how long do you go to maternity leave for if you are a guy? Isn’t a week or something? Argh! Who am I kidding, its his damn company and I’m sure he can do whatever he wants, right?

Since I had my daughter, I gained weight in the right places. Your girl got curves now…in all’ll the right places. Oh well, since I know that he is going to be there and that he has been ignoring me ever since we had sex, I am going to make sure that he remembers me. I’m wearing an off the shoulder, figure hugging black bodycon dress with red heels. And yes, you guessed that right, it is a short dress, and I will be turning heads with this number. And the only head I would like to turn and probably have in between my legs is my baby daddies.

Don't look at me like that.... I have needs.

.
.
.

I am very early, but I am going to sit here in my car and wait so I can make a grand entrance, phela I want him to see all of this and not to think about that woman who looked like she was carrying the whole of South African inside her belly. I’m browsing through the internet checking out cars and houses for my upgrade. I think I need to represent since I will be one of the major shareholders in the biggest property company in SA. 

“Hello. I’m here for the meeting.” I say to the receptionist, and she ignores me. She is going to the first person to be terminated, I don’t like her attitude. She tells me which board room they are using, and I make my way there. When I get to the lift, Linda appears from no where and my prayers for the door to close quickly don’t even reach the third floor to heaven because right now I am stuck with him. 

“Baby Mama, what are you doing here? Are you here to break more glass?” He laughs. He is such an idiot. Where did they find him vele and is there a return policy for him? He is sure going to drive me crazy.

“I’m here for the meeting.” He stops laughing to look at me.

“For what? Were you invited?” He asks. And I’m so pleased with the look on his face as he looks me up and down.  

“I don’t need an invite, Linda. Just like you I have every right to be here.”

“Is Patrick coming also.” 

“Nope.” I leave him there. 

He can’t stop looking at you. Please sway your hips like a model.’ For the first time in such a long time. I follow this bitches’ instructions as I sway my hips in a very sexual and seductive way as my daughter’s uncle follows me.

“Gentleman, sorry I’m late.” That’s my greeting interrupting the four men as he shows them pictures on his phone. 

The look on their faces.