Chapter 1-Return: Anne Boonchuy

"I just can't believe that we're here, and Sasha and Marcy are... well, back in Amphibia," Anne held her face in her hands. "Marcy might be..." Anne couldn't finish that sentence.

"It's okay, Anne. I'm sure Marcy is okay," Sprig said, putting a comforting arm on Anne's shoulder.

"But how can you be sure?" Anne whispered, looking up at Sprig with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, Anne, but can we perhaps go somewhere else? All these other humans are staring at us," Hop Pop looked around at all the people in cars goggling in the frogs' presence. After all, Anne, Sprig, Hop Pop, and Polly were sitting on a car in the middle of the Los Angeles highway.

"Oh yeah. Of course, Hop Pop," Anne sniffled and wiped the back of her hand across her eyes, smearing the tears across her face. Anne stood up. "Come on. I can take you to my house. After all, you let me stay at your house. I can return the favor," Anne smiled grimly.

Hop Pop's eyes filled with sympathy. "Thank you, Anne. That's very kind of you."

The group took off quickly. They didn't want to attract any more attention than they already had, which was difficult, because it isn't every day that humans come across a group of talking frogs. As they reached Anne's neighborhood, she turned to the Plantars. "When you meet my parents, don't mention anything about the music box, King Andrius, Sasha, Marcy, or anything like that," Anne said. "I won't introduce you right when I see them. I'll ease them into it, so that they can grasp it better than I did when I got to Amphibia."

"Okay, Anne. And then can we fix Frobo?" Polly was still clutching Frobo's disembodied head in her arms.

Anne smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes. "I'm sure we can try, Polly." They walked in silence for a few houses down, and then Anne spoke again. "When we get to my house, I'll get a blanket to cover you up until I tell my parents about you, all right?"

"Okay, Anne. I hope this works," Hop Pop said, looking at Anne proudly. It almost gave Anne the strength to deal with Marcy's...maybe death. And then Sprig spoke up.

"I'm sure it will work. It's not like when you tried to help out Wartwood all those times and failed miserably," Sprig said with a smile.

"SPRIG!" Polly and Hop Pop chorused, both looking at Sprig reproachfully.

"What?" Sprig asked, shrugging his shoulders.

They continued walking until they approached a little blue house with a basketball hoop and a wooden mailbox. Anne stopped walking, and said, "Okay, you guys hide over there by the front door and the garage in that little space," Anne pointed. "I will try to get a blanket to put over you so then I can sneak you in the house."

"Okay, Anne, but when will we know when to come out?" Hop Pop asked.

"It will be a while. I will get you when it's time for you to meet my parents, but until then, just sit over there and wait after I get the blanket on you. Be really quiet," Anne looked at Sprig and Polly.

"We'll be good, "Sprig said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Yeah, we'll be really good, especially because I have legs now!" Polly danced on her legs for a second.

"Okay, here I go." Anne walked through the grass and up the stairs to her front door. She took a deep breath before knocking on her door.