One Strut Closer

WHOOT WHOOT NEW CHAPTER! And a song too?!?! I spoil you too much. I'll drop when to play the song in the chapter.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"I'm sorry, what did you just ask me?"
I wasn't afraid to look at Basil now . I looked ahead at his saintly .  The sunset reflected on the glass on the other buildings and shone behind His body. A  Halo of light accentuated his golden hair.  Anna  sitting in his arms just added to his saintly personage.  

"I want to apologize for making you uncomfortable.  So we should go out on a date."

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!He was asking me on a date? OK what do I say? How do I respond to him? Come on, reply before he thinks your crazy.

My internal meltdown was interrupted by his cool statement, "If it bothers you that much, Anna can come along, wherever we may go." Anna giggled a toothless giggle as if it was her idea.

"Do you always apologize like that?"
Stupid mouth.Dumb mouth. Why oh why?!?

Basil brushed off my comment. A wry smile took his face and eyes. "No, but I believe that my peace offering will be accepted."

Did Zeo turn up the heat? I am feeling a bit flushed. Than I realized it was just me.

Well that and St.SexyStöne.

Haha I've got to write that down. 

"Actually that sounds nice, sure I would enjoy spending time with you and Anna."

I can do this. This is child's play, easy as pie. A day with my boss- and his daughter.

Zeo's words filtered into my brain,
"IS this little Emi's sister?"

A/N- (PLAY THE SONG)

I know that Zeo did not mean to hurt me,  but the question hurt more than I would care to admit.

We talked about logistics for time together. Basil was going to use a vacation days and convinced me to do the same. This decision came about after talking about a new caretaker for the now sleeping Anna. We were going to have a five day weekend starting with tomorrow.
We were laughing at something Carol from the office had said when she was trying to be clever when my phone beeped. It was a normal beep to the passersby, but that beep meant the world to me.  I welled up with hope which alternated with dread and fear. I reached for the phone to check the caller ID, moments of silence, as I registered the name in my mind.

"I really have to take this call. I'll be over there if you need me."

Basil nodded his head, with a puzzled look mixed with concern. 
Was my face that bad?

"Hello?" I answered.
"Yes , this is she."
"What?  She did? That's fantastic news!"
My eyes were brimming with tears at the news.
"Yes, yes I'll be right there."

I turned to Basil and Ana tears and smile on my face.

Thank goodness for waterproof makeup.

I wiped my tears as I made way back to the table. I began to gather my belongings as I hurriedly explained,
"I have something I need to take care of.  I had a lovely lunch with you and Anna. I'll see you two tomorrow."
I was bold and brazen enough to kiss Basil on the cheek. I paid for lunch even if Zeo said it was free, I always pay. I left towards my new destination- Sacred Heart Hospital.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Whelp I got in the mood to do some writing today. Hope you enjoyed.
Leave a vote comment or whatever you would please!
Hime out!