Back to the Present

I look back at him for what seems like an uncomfortably long time. I cover myself by downing the rest of the liquid in my glass.

Great, now he'll think I'm a lush.

I look back at the attractive man that sat beside me. I saw now that he did bear a resemblance to the young man that had saved me at my parent's holiday party. But that only brought up more questions.

Where did you go? Where were you when you promised we could celebrate our birthdays? How could you leave so abruptly? How- okay now I sound possessive.

I smiled warmly at him. It was a genuine smile, something that I haven't done in a while.
What didn't match was the words that followed my smile. 
"Where the fuck were you" I giggled, "You disappeared into the night like a mythological creature and you poof into my life again."
     Basil chuckled nervously not knowing what to do. I was surprised at myself as well.
I gained a set of balls...
My head rocked to the side and I rested it on the couch.
      "Why now?I waited for you for a very long loooooonnngggg time. If you had came back......Oh listen to me. I'm getting sentimental, pardon my frankness."
     At this, Basil grabbed my wrist. The glass I held in my hand almost dropped. We both grabbed for the glass at the same time, our fingers interwoven.He took the glass out of my hand and set it on the coffee table. I looked down, I was very embarrassed at what I had just said. His free hand softly cupped my chin and I was brought back to his lovely eyes.
"You have nothing to apologize for.You have been through a great deal of emotional trauma. I regret leaving the way I did, and I regret it even now. I am glad that we could meet together again, disregarding the circumstances. I want to be there for you now. So your 'frankness' is always welcomed."
     He never answered my question and I was fine with that. I didn't care I was glad that I could speak with someone about my life beyond the magazine. When he was ready to tell me, I'd be there. I stifled a yawn and looked at the clock, it was three in the morning.
     "Wow, I'd better get back home. It's late."
          "No, please stay. I have an extra bed you can sleep in. Then we can spend more time together. Catch up, I make a mean breakfast quiche."
     I laughed," You cook?"
         "Yes I cook." He feigned offense.
      "I can't say no to quiche. Do you need help putting the baby to bed?"
"No, I have it all covered there. I'll escort you to the guestroom."
With that we stood up and maneuvered up the stairs. we went down a long hall and we entered the 'guestroom.'
To be continued.....
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hello my lovelies
I've been on hiatus due to uni and my extracurriculars. I did a musical, refreshed my resume, and fought a good fight for a club that I support on campus. I totally miss this wonderful community and will look forward to doing some updates over break. Inbox me!
Hime-chan