faux pass

I entered the room and immediately did what I always did when I came to visit the hospital.
I took off my coat, draped it over a chair that was by the door. I continued in and grabbed an intricate box that was by the bed. I wound the key and sang along with the music that played,
"Think of me everyday, listen to what I say,and when you think of me even from far away, know that where ever you are, it is never too far, and when you think of me I'll be with you."

A light fluttering caught my attention. And I stared into tiny grey eyes that looked up at me with wonder. Then small lips curled into a smile then giggles. My vision began to blur at the sight in front of me. Her dark hair was long, very long now that she was awake. I'll ask if she wants to cut her hair later.

This is real, she's awake, I'm not dreaming.

"Mama.Mama."

Snapped out of my thoughts, I looked down at her, fully awake and full attention on me again. My daughter, Emelia, or Emi as she liked to call herself. She was ok, she was responsive. I didn't know what to do.

A light knock on the closed door startled me and I gave a slight jump. We had no visitors to this room, it was a private room. Thinking it was a doctor or nurse checking in on Emi, I opened the door widely. I was not expecting the 6'6" man carrying Ana in his hands. Nor was I expecting him to ask the following.
"I was so worried about you, when you walked out the restaurant like that. Is everything alright? Is she alright?"

I realized too late that I did not pull the door to hide Emi away from the unexpected guest. I was at a loss for words and immediately pushed him out the door.

"I don't think you should be here, this is a personal matter. I think you should leave NOW."

After my harsh hurried whispered orders, Anna started to cry. Out of pure instinct I grabbed Ana and began to swing her in my arms. I realized what I had done and immediately began to give her back. I was stopped by Basil and he calmly spoke,

"I don't think that I can leave you in this condition. I want to know about the girl in the room. Who she is, what happened to her. And most importantly what I can do to help."

We reentered the room and sat at the large coffee table in the room Emi's sliding door was closed, no doubt the work of a nurse or even a doctor. In the process of sitting down, Basil produced a cup of tea. I thankfully accepted the cup and took a sip. Mind you I still had Ana in my arms. And then I began to tell him.... (Play song)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Well then I have updated for you lovely darlings. I'm feeling ill but I felt like writing so there!!