6. You suddenly worry

Pov.Sabrina
It was a beautiful sunny Saturday. I was just lying in my garden on the sun loungers with Nessa, with whom I spend almost every moment. We had the radio turned on in the background to add a pleasant atmosphere to these moments. It was so perfect, until we heard someone's loud voice coming from behind the fence. I lifted my head to see what was happening. At our fence stood a boy of medium height, with raven black hair and tattoos that were perfectly displayed thanks to a short-sleeved T-shirt. I got up from my seat and walked closer to the fence. At that moment, it froze me.

- Can't this music be quieter? - he asked, but after a while he took a closer look at me, which made his mouth a little open - Sab?

- Quinton?! - I took my sunglasses off my eyes to make sure I was right

- What are you doing here? - he asked, looking at me carefully

- I live here.- I folded my arms over my chest - And you?

- I'm just moving in. We will become neighbors. - His smile appeared on his face, for which I was crazy for practically a year

- There are so many beautiful neighborhoods, and you really had to live here..  - I muttered dissatisfied, focusing my eyes on the grass

Why am I so dissatisfied? Quinton Griggs is my ex-boyfriend with whom I was in a relationship for the year while I was still living in another city. I gave him my whole heart, trusted him like no one else and I dreamed that he would be mine forever. Everything seemed wonderful, but suddenly I found out that he had cheated on me with one of his classmates. My heart then broke into millions of pieces. I felt bloody hurt, hopeless, useless. I have lost faith in such a thing as true love and I doubt that I will ever be able to love or let myself be loved. I have suffered too many times because of people, which is why I currently hide all my feelings under such a mask of a dry, self-confident girl.

- All good? - The boy snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to look at him again

- You suddenly worry? - I looked at him mockingly

He didn't even have time to respond to my words, because my roommate appeared next to me, eager to meet the person I was talking to. I watched the two exchange sentences, smiles, and even compliments. I couldn't watch this asshole clearly flirting with Nessa, who didn't realize anything.

- You asked if the music could be quieter, maybe yes. Now get back to your duties and don't ruin my day. - I cut in on the conversation, dragging the surprised Barrett behind me

I directed her home right away so I wouldn't have to look at my ex-boyfriend any longer. As soon as I closed the terrace window behind me, I went to the kitchen to have a cold drink. The girl, of course, followed me, put her hand on the table top and looked at me questioningly.

- What? - I asked, stopping my drinking

- What was that? - her thumbs pointed at the entrance to the garden in which I had a very unpleasant meeting a moment ago

- It was my ex who cheated on me. - I said as calmly as possible, after a while, seeing how the girl's face changes categorically

- He cheated on you?- she repeated my words- I swear that when I meet him again, I will personally cut his balls and make Christmas balls

- You're playing hard. - I laughed

- Someone hurts my friends, hurts me.- She smiled confidently and then left the kitchen and headed to the living room

I huffed quietly, then started cleaning the kitchen, which I had recently neglected a bit because I spend a lot of time studying and I don't feel like cleaning. Recently, I devote all my strength and focus to school matters. It can be tiring, but I want a good average grade at the end of the school year. However, today I need some entertainment, whatever it is to have. With this in mind, I went to Nessa, who is undeniably a party girl and knows about all the attractions in the area. The girl immediately suggested the idea of going to a house party today at Ambar, one of her friends. Of course I agreed, running straight to my bedroom to get ready.