Chapter 73 - Jump

I'd really like to keep this as one book even though I know I'm only half way through the series. The show will be ending with season 11 and I just want to keep it all in one place. That being said theres potentially a Daryl spin off happening so I guess we'll see. I don't think I'll write it. I'll see how the show ends first obviously, but I'll probably keep things with just the Walking Dead and maybe rework it if they leave something open ended for the spin off.
However Wattpad has a 200 chapter limit (I think... I've never breached it) So I might have to go back and combine a few of my short chapters and remove some of my fake chapter pages etc. I think It's perfectly doable to keep it within the limit. I won't do anything yet, just see how we go. The show gets very into one character focussed episodes and parallel stories, most of which Kat won't be there for.

If you did have any preferences over which path she should be involved with regarding any of those feel free to say.

Daryl had spent a few days working on the bike and once it was done it was the very next day that he and Aaron set out on their first job together. Kat had done her part in trying to fix the bike, but with her strange new 9-5 job it didn't leave her much time to do so. Mostly she went there to talk to him about her day and see how much progress he had made. It felt strange talking to him like she would have before the fall. About work and about his day and their neighbours. Coming home to find him hauled up in a garage on a project as Luke passed him the tools he needed and paid attention to any information Dahl told him. He was a fast learner and he knew a little more each day Kat left work and went and found them.

"This bike has a four stroke engine." He would tell her as she made herself comfortable on the bench top she had made her sitting spot. As a result Daryl seemed to keep it clean of tools and oily rags however he did conveniently leave the tool box right next to it so she could pass him or Luke what they needed.

"Really? What does that mean?" She would ask him, knowing the answer for herself but playing along.

"Well a two stroke needs a mixture of oil and petrol to run but the four only needs fuel. The two is more powerful but four more durable so the bike is likely to last longer and be more reliable." He said right away and Kat had a feeling he had memorised every word from Daryl even if he didn't understand all of it.

Kat couldn't help smiling as Daryl looked up from behind Luke who was smiling proudly to Kat, and gave her a rather smug yeah-I-taught-him-that look. 

"And how do you tell the difference?" She then asked.

"Well... they look about the same from the outside but a two stroke has a bigger pipe that connects to the exhaust."

Kat had thought it would be difficult convincing Luke that he had to stay when Daryl left but surprisingly it went well. He liked being inside the walls and wasn't quite ready for the idea of needing to go back out there just yet.

Daryl was likely to be gone for a few days so Kat stood at the gate to see him off, opening it for them and smiling as they left through it. It was kind of strange to watch him ride off. Firstly
because they were in a new place and he was going without her. Secondly because it had felt like so long ago that they needed to do these kind of beyond the fence jobs and thirdly because even with just a few short days she had gotten used to just having him there. Especially considering they had been so much closer since arriving in Alexandria than they had in a long time.

But things had to keep moving and Kat had a job of her own to see to that day. Well... provided her assistance was excepted.

And that was how she found herself knocking on the door of Deanna's house knowing both she and her husband were out. With a hint of da ja vu Spencer answered.