Help

Okay, so I said I had plans for Martinez, but I just had another idea.

For those who don't want any possible spoilers then don't read bellow.

Okay, so with how he dies on the show, it won't really work for my book. I mean, it could, but I'd rather not write any third person governor pieces except maaaaybe when they take Hershel and Michonne. Maybe.

But I don't want Martinez's death to happen and not write about it. Like I want Kat to be there or something? I don't know, I just want it to be significant. 

So, I had an idea that Martinez would somehow wind up escaping the Governor's attack on his own people with Karen or something else that ultimately means he would move in at the prison and then maybe have him die during the governor's attack or escape with Kat and then die out on the road. 

I know Martinez has to be the leader of that group in order for the Governor to join them and then end up leading them, but for that role I could easily swap him out for Shumpert and again, I won't really be writing third person Governor chapters so it won't even matter. All that matters is he found another group and led them to attack his old enemies.

My other idea was to have everything the same but instead of having the governor kill him maybe Martinez escapes and runs (or is held, tied up somewhere), but then he goes to head back to his people only to find they've already left to attack the prison, by the time he gets to the prison the fight is over and he runs into Kat and they travel together for a bit and then he dies. (she can still find/ run in to Michonne and Rick or maybe Carol and Ty, but I'm just worrying about Martinez at the moment because I've almost finished season 3).

Or he doesn't have to die, at least not for a while.

Again, there won't be a competition between him and Daryl, that's not what I'm aiming for (I mean, they might have some competition like with their walker killings and maybe Martinez is a little jealous). I just really liked his character and felt they could have done more with it. Whether or not he will like Kat is another matter, but she will always choose Daryl.

Anyway. What do I do?