Daryl Dixon... Death?

Alright, here's the deal...

I'M SCARED!

New promotional photos of the second half of season 6 have been released and it has been confirmed that Daryl, Abe and Sasha will be running into Negan... for those who don't know, Negan is an asshole. In the comics (don't read if you're avoiding spoilers although I doubt the show will do the exact same thing) Negan kills Glenn by bashing his head in with a barb wire wrapped baseball bat shortly after Maggie had the baby... so, ah... the timeline appears to be lining up correctly. 

Now.

We all know that the show doesn't follow the comics to a T, but major deaths and scenarios they often like to play out just with different characters... characters that leave a bigger impression and more emotion.

For example... the Governor does behead someone outside the prison, but the someone (i think) was Ty. The show swapped him out for Hershel... a much loved figure that caused an even bigger reaction from the fans especially with Maggie and Beth watching.

We also know that they like to kill off members of the original group. They were doing this each season, but have since slowed down (now using people from season 2 as they are technically 'original' members in the eyes of the viewers) as they found themselves with a shortage of people left from season 1... this doesn't mean they're safe this just means they are saving them for something HUGE.

No one is safe. Rick is not safe, Glenn is not safe, Maggie is not safe... DARYL IS NOT SAFE.

The general theory is that they will not kill him off as the show would lose half it's fan base.........................

GUYS LISTEN UP!

The writers don't give a shit about our personal emotions. Inflicting pain on us is how they get their kicks. They are evil, diabolical, genius, bastards. 

IF DARYL DIES, WE RIOT!

means nothing to them... they hear and see it so often that they WILL and ARE taking it as a dare and not a threat. The show has enough viewers that they can kill him off with absolute certainty that it will still have enough fans to continue. 

IN FACT. It is statistically proven that a shows ratings go up the more big deaths they doll out, because it puts the audience on their seat, it keeps things going, the people are nervous, anxious and scared so much so that they simply can't stop watching. Yes Daryl is the fan favourite, but believe me, Rick, Glenn and Carl (for some reason) are all still right up there with him.

The death of Glenn started a war. This war is coming, whether we like it or not and they're going to need a death to spark that. They may use Glenn and surprise us by sticking with the comics for a change, but my theory is that they will kill Daryl. His death will not only start this war and have everyone on the show out for blood... it will have us out for blood... FOR NEGAN. People will continue watching just to see this asshole die, so... No, the writers aren't concerned with our protests, they know the show will have enough viewers either way to conclude successfully. 

Like I said earlier... they're saving the original group from season 1 for BIG THINGS. Season 2 people, like Maggie, are now considered part of that group, but... she's the only one left. 

So.

Our candidates for the big, brutal, sudden and malicious death that will spark a war between our favourite survives and the asshole, dickbag, c word, that I shan't type because apparently it's a bigger deal outside of Australia and I'm trying to be on my best behaviour during this topic, and his barb wire wrapped baseball bat named Lucille:

Rick (who will not die before the war as he is needed to take command and win it)

Maggie (unlikely as she is the only Greene left and she is expecting... I doubt they would make someone as important as her pregnant just to kill her)

Carol (honestly wouldn't leave the impact they're hoping for)

Carl (It's sort of likely and I wouldn't put it past the writers, but not really. He would certainly start the war, but his death would destroy Rick to the point where I don't think he'd be fit to fight anything and also I feel like Carl is being groomed to lead the next generation?)

Glenn (possible, but as I said it is likely that they will swap it out).

And finally, our last candidate......................

Daryl.

People like Sasha (who I'm not overly fond of) and Abe would leave an impression, sure, but not big enough and certainly no where near big enough for the other characters like Rick. Rick will need a motivator, and Abe couldn't be that. Michonne could, but I think it's highly unlikely. They're due to kill an original character and she came in at season 3 (2 if you want to be really technically, but whatever). I also think Michonne is being set up for bigger things in the leadership department. She will play a vital role during the war, as will Morgan.

In conclusion.

I AM REALLY FUCKING SCARED. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS SCARED. THE THREAT IS REAL. IT REALLY COULD HAPPEN.

If Daryl dies... should Kat die? If my updates suddenly stop after his death (if it happens) it's because I died while watching, just a little heads up.

P.S. If Daryl doesn't get his Crossbow, and the bike, but mostly the crossbow, back real soon... we are going to have some anger issues.... It's his thing. He needs his god damn crossbow!

Thank-you for putting up with me, I promise I'll update really soon!