Chapter 5 - F-100

"You're in a very good mood today." I noted as Maggie and I both stood in the kitchen, eating our morning cereal.

"No more than usual." She shrugged, trying to play it off, but something had definitely happened to boost her spirits.

"A little more than usual, you were like this last night at dinner as well. I thought you would have been in a bad mood after what happened at the well." Turns out while Daryl and I were searching for Sophia, everyone else was dealing with a Walker that had fallen in one of our wells. It didn't end well and the water was contaminated and it had to be blocked off. Maggie had seen Rick's group kill it and given our family's beliefs I was surprised she was handling it as well as she was. Then again it was Maggie, if it had been Beth things would be different... or even our dad.

"It's nothing."

"Did you know you look at your feet when you lie?" I asked smugly.

Maggie sighed, placing her bowl down on the counter and meeting my gaze. "Alright, but not a word and you have to act natural around him if I tell you. No cheeky grins or subtle comments."

My smile grew, "Him?" I questioned through my grin.

"Glenn." She stated carefully, taking in my expression.

"Oh, you didn't." I chuckled, lightly covering my mouth with my hand, but it still turned into a light laugh that resulted in Maggie whipping me with the tea towel. "Was he good?"

"Kat!"

"When? On the run to the pharmacy?"

"Shhh." She hushed, frantically looking over at the door in case someone was about to walk in.

"Well done you. We're in the middle of the apocalypse with half the world's population left and you still manage to get some. I'm jealous... and proud." I added with a thoughtful look.

"You've got to be kidding." Maggie muttered with a shake of her head.

"What? I'm your sister, not your mother and you haven't answered my question." The smile that spread across her face told me all I needed. "Aww, look at you going all red." I teased her over the blush on her cheeks that only got worse when I mentioned it.

"I'm leaving." She announced, wanting to exit the conversation immediately as she rinsed her bowl and headed for the door. "Oh, and dads gone out to check a couple of the fences with Patricia and Beth and he wanted you to check on Carl."

"Alright." I rinsed off my bowl and dried my hands on a tea towel just as Maggie went to leave again. "Oh and Mags?" She turned back around. "Be good." I grinned as she groaned and left.

I knocked before entering the room where Carl slept and opened the door once I heard a "Come in," from Lori.

"Hey, I just need to change his dressings." I nodded at her son who was wide-awake and looking at me curiously. I hadn't actually seen him awake yet so he probably had no idea who I was.

"Of course. Do you mind if I make him something to eat in the kitchen?" She asked.

"No, not at all, go for it." I nodded as I grabbed the first aid kit and pulled up a chair beside the boy.

"Are you Katherine?" He asked, taking me by surprise just as his mother left the room.

"I am, but you can call me Kat if you like."

"Can I call you Katie?" He asked and I chuckled lightly. It reminded me of Shawn.

"Sure." I began to unwrap the bandage and clean off the old dressings before applying fresh ones.