The DeWitt Family Reunited

This is just an add on for the last chapter, so I guess P3. Mainly Melody and David reuniting with their family. After nearly a decade. Also, this will be long.

My Pov

We stood in front of the ruins of Sector V's treehouse. The Delightful Children really did a huge number on it. That's when David surprised everyone by apologizing.

"I'm so sorry for what the Delightful Children did to you now and in the past!" David exclaimed, bowing his head. Everyone on our team was honorable like that. Don't ask why.

"It's fine. As it appears now, you and possibly the other Delightfuls aren't actually in control of your own actions." Numbuh 1 said.

"What Numbuh 5, all of us really, want to know is what the heck happened back at the mansion and who you really are." Numbuh 5 said. Everyone nodded in agreement. David and I looked at each other nervously.

"Well, you guys remember the incident with Numbuh 2's memory helmet?" I asked. They all nodded again. "I think the accident may have left some kind of effect on me and that prevented me from being Delightfulized. It also actually helped bring back some of my memories. Meeting my brother Marty was just the last push I needed to remember everything."

"Marty? How is he? Is he doing okay?" David asked, worry evident in his tone.

"He's okay." I answered.

"Well, back to my question; who are you?" Numbuh 5 asked again. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"My brother David and I were part of the same Sector. We're Numbuhs 0.2 and 0.6 of Sector Z." I said. Everyone stared at us in shock.

"Not the Sector Z, the legendary sector of the best Kids Next Door operatives in history?" Numbuh 1 asked. We both nodded.

"I heard rumors about Sector Z when I was in training, but everyone has no idea what happened to them." Numbuh 2 said.

"Well, now you know." David said.

"How can we help you? Help your team?" Numbuh 4 asked.

"I don't know if you can. The Delightfulization is permanent." David said.

"Your sister managed to recommission you, didn't she?" Numbuh 5 asked. David looked at me and smiled.

"It might be the combination of the energy from both the helmet and the attempted Delightfulization and the fact she separated you from the others that did it." Numbuh 2 theorized. Possibly.

"What matters is that Numbuh 7 has her brother back! Her family's going to be so happy!" Numbuh 3 exclaimed. Yeah my family was going to be... Oh crap!

"Mom! Marty!" I exclaimed. Everyone jumped at my yells. "I told them I'd be right back! They're probably freaking out!" Numbuh 1 went to the ruins of the treehouse and managed to find another pair of J.E.T.A.B.O.O.T.S for me along with the backpack I kept. I kicked off the Mary-Janes, slipped on the boots and slid the backpack on my back. "We might not be back to help you rebuild everything, but we'll try to get back."

"It's the least I can do to even begin to-" David started, but Numbuh 1 held up his hand.

"Just get back to your family." Numbuh 1 said. We smiled and nodded. In one swift motion, I activated the boots and grabbed David's hand. We flew off the the direction of our house. After a few minutes, we landed in front of our house. I saw another car there aside from Marty's. Dad must be home now.

"David, hide your beret and mag belt in my bag." I said. He took the belt and his beret off and tossed them in my bag. Right before we could take a step forward, the door flew open. Marty stepped out, but had his head turned the other way.

"I'll go out and look for her Mom. I'll be right-" He turned and saw not only me, but David too. "Back." Marty breathed out. He quietly closed the door and just stared at us.

"Surprise?" I said, nervously laughing. I was nervous because I wasn't sure how Marty was going to react and also I wasn't sure how aware David had been about how long he had been Delightfulized. Marty slowly walked up to David and they just look at each other. Even though David was only ten, he was almost as tall as Marty was now.

"David, is that really you?" Marty asked, trembling from the emotions that were building up.

"Marty? How are you a teenager? I couldn't have been Delightfulized that long if Melody's still eight." David said.

"David... you and Mellie have been missing for eight years." Marty said. That shocked David to his core. He looked at me for confirmation and I could only nod.

"H-How?" David asked, trying to blink back the tears.

"All I know is that Melody said she was frozen somehow." Marty said. He then wrapped his arms around David who tensed up at first. Then, he just sank to the ground, crying. I walked over to them and Marty pulled me into the hug. David then wrapped his arms around me and the three of us just cried. Finally, after what felt like hours, the door opened revealing our mother.

"Marty are you all right-" Mom started but then stopped. David and I looked at her. Marty moved out of the way just as our mother ran and engulfed us in a bear tight hug. "Melody! You came back! And you found David! You're both safe! My babies are safe!" I felt the tears streaming down her face and hitting mine. She pulled away and cupped both of our faces. "I thought I had lost you both again."

"We're home Mom. We're home." David said.

"Good. Come on, you both need to talk to your father." Mom said, helping us to our feet. We all walked into the house. Mom and Marty walked into the living room, where I could hear some kind of sports game on. "David, will you listen to me please?" At first I thought Mom met my brother, but realized she meant Dad. Yeah, David was named after our Dad. He was the first son. That's why when both of them would be in the same room, Mom would either call Dad 'Dave' or we'd call David 'Davie or DJ'.

"I think you and Marty have finally snapped. Melody and Davie are both dead and you're in denial." Dad said. I froze up. Dad thought we were dead? David and I looked at each as Marty motioned for us to come into the living room. I glupped as David grabbed my hand and we went in. We slowly walked to where Mom was and stood in front of our Dad. He had aged so much. His brown hair(that David and Marty inherited)was starting to gray, his green eyes(which David and I inherited)seemed so lifeless and he had slight stubble on his face. He always tried to keep his face shaved. We stood in front of him, but he kept his eyes towards the TV.

"Dad?" David called. No response.

"Daddy?" I called. Still no response.

"Dad, for Pete's sake they're right in front of you and you won't even acknowledge they're even in this room!" Marty finally snapped.

"I can't. I just can't." Dad said.

"Why?" Mom asked.

"Because what if it happens again? What if they disappear again?" Dad asked. All of us looked at each other before Dad spoke again. "Cynthia, do you remember the first year they were missing? No one, not us or the other families, slept a single night. Then by the second year the police started investigating less and less. Then by the third year, they actually told us not to get our hopes up that they'd be found alive. Then last year, they actually called off the search and legally declared our children dead. I can't hope anymore. I just can't." Dad finally broke. That all happened? I felt my heart slowly breaking at this. Both David and I gripped Dad's hand. He finally looked at us.

"Dad, we're both right here and we're not going anywhere." David said. I could see the joy coming to Dad's face as he pulled us into a possibly bone-crushing hug. Mom and Marty joined the hug and we were all in tears. The DeWitt Family was finally whole again and nothing, not even Father, would separate us again.

I looked it up and a missing person is declared legally dead after seven years if no trace of them is found. I hope these past chapters were okay. Here's the order I'm going to go in as far as saving Sector Z; Lenny, Constance, Ashley and Bruce.