Numbuh 0.4 Returns

Operation U.N.D.E.R.C.O.V.E.R Part 2! This might be short or it might be long. Also, check out the Pokémon crossover I'm doing involving this OC.

David's Pov

Everyone covered their eyes as Melody and Lenny were cloaked in a bright light, their screams of pain echoing in my ears. Please. Please let it not have been a fluke. Please let this work. Their screams quieted and the light faded. I looked and felt a huge smile come to my face. Lenny was no longer wearing that stupid football helmet or that awful uniform. He was wearing his Sector Z uniform and his eyes were dark brown again. He was back! Numbuh 0.4 was back!

"Wha-What happened? Melody? David?" Lenny asked, still a little dazed from the shock. Melody jumped on Lenny again, this time hugging him.

"Welcome back, Lenny!" she exclaimed. I went over, wrapped my arms around them both and lifted them off the ground.

"Welcome back, Len." I said.

"This isn't a dream? I'm really free?" Lenny asked. I put them both down and we nodded.

"NO!" We all snapped our heads toward the Delightful Children who were now down by another child. They then turned their angry glares to Melody. "You! You already stole one of our brothers. We're not letting you steal another one!" The robot went to grab Mel, but we all managed to jump out of the way. The robot then grabbed Sector V and threw them out into the ocean.

"Sore losers as always." Melody said.

"Be quiet!" the Delightful Children yelled. They turned their gazes to Lenny and me. "Are you both done playing pretend or do you need to take a swim to clear your heads?" We all looked at each other before turning back to them.

"See ya!" we said before propelling ourselves over the deck into the water. We swam over to Sector V who were all calm, aside from Numbuh 4. He was trying to keep his head above water, even though we were touching the bottom of something.

"See?! I told told you not to trust that guy!" Numbuh 4 said.

"He's recommissioned Numbuh 4! He's back on our side." I said.

"You need to relax Numbuh 4." Melody said.

"Relax?!" Numbuh 4 exclaimed. "Maybe you haven't noticed, but we're stuck here in the middle of the freezing sea, and I don't know how to swim!" He didn't know how to swim? Heck, I was swimming by the time I was five and Mel was swimming by the time she was four. Just as Numbuh 4 "gave up" the top of a submarine finally surfaced. On top of it was Numbuh 274.

My Pov

"Hello, troops." he greeted. "Did everything go according as plan?"

"That and better sir." Numbuh 1 answered. That's when Numbuh 274's eyes fell on Lenny. He jumped down and walked over to us.

"Chad... look at you." Lenny said. I could hear the proudness in Lenny's voice. Lenny had been a drill sergeant for a while and Chad had been his most promising cadet.

"Lenny... you're back." Numbuh 274 said. He then looked at me. 'Well done, Numbuh 0.6!" The three of us saluted him and he saluted back. Just then the popcorn bomb, which was what was really in the case, went off and caused the rig to crumble. Well, mission accomplished. After Lenny was examined and deemed to be free of any Delightfulization energy, we three hurried home. Lenny gave me his helmet and armor before we got to our house. As we approached our house, we could hear shouting.

"I know what I saw! I know it was Melody and David!" a woman shouted.

"Mom..." Lenny said. Man, she sounded ticked off.

"Vanessa, I'm telling you, you were seeing things." Dad said.

"You think I can't recognize them? I've known them since they were babies! Hell, I've even babysat them!" Mrs. Forbes said.

"Don't swear Nessa! Not in front of Annie." Mom said.

"Annie?" Lenny asked. We shrugged our shoulders. That's when the door flew open, revealing Marty, our parents and Lenny's mom, who was holding a little girl was about four. That's when her eyes fell on the three of us.

"I knew it... I knew I wasn't crazy." Mrs. Forbes said. She put the little girl, who I guessed was Annie, and then walked to Lenny. She knelt down and held his face in her hands. She rubbed his cheek with her thumb and then pulled him into a hug. Lenny gripped onto her blouse and rubbed his face against her shoulder. "My baby... my baby boy..."

"Mommy?" Annie's small voice piped up. Mrs. Forbes pulled Annie toward her and Lenny.

"Annie, this is your big brother Lenny." she said. Annie looked at Lenny and smiled before hugging him.

"Hi Lenny." Annie said. Lenny smiled and patted her head.

"Welcome to the Big Brother Club, Lenny." David said, wrapping an arm me. I elbowed him in the side a little. I was so happy we managed to bring another one of our team members home.

"Mom, do you think David and Mel could sleep over tonight?" Lenny asked. We two looked at our parents with pleading eyes.

"It's fine with us." Dad said.

"I'd love to have them over. It'll be nice to hear the children laughing in the house again." Mrs. Forbes said. So, come nightfall, me and David went across the street to Lenny's house. His father opened the door.

"David! Melody!" he said, wrapping us in a tight hug. We had heard him yell in joy when he came home from work and saw him spin around with Lenny in his arms. "It's wonderful to see you both again!"

"Hi Mr. Forbes." David greeted. He let us out of the hug. Lenny then appeared from the kitchen.

"Well, come on in! Hope you two haven't eaten yet. Mom made her mac n' cheese." Lenny said. I'm so happy we didn't eat dinner. We sat down, said grace and started to eat.

"Mmm! This is just as good as I remember it!" I said, feeling the nostalgia as I ate. "I remember eating this when we went on our picnics." Every month, all five families would get together and have a picnic.

"Yeah. I hope we can do that again soon." David said.

"You kids brought Lenny back to us. I know you'll find a way to save the others." Mrs. Forbes said. Yeah. We would. After we ate, we all went to Lenny's room to watch a movie. I can't remember what it was or how it ended, because I fell asleep halfway through. In the morning, we ate breakfast and then went to Numbuh 1's house to hang out.

I'm not sure if I'll do Operation E.N.D or just do a chapter on the aftermath. I'll let you all know. Hope this was ok.