Chapter 2

The first time walking through those vicious halls was nothing in comparison to the second time around

The first time walking through those vicious halls was nothing in comparison to the second time around. It somehow seemed like there were even more kids bustling around than before and you were starting to curse yourself for not doing more research into the school you knew you were headed to before you actually came.

    Your counselor had told you Sendai was a much smaller city than Tokyo, so you figured the school you were headed to wouldn't be too terrible. Now you were simply questioning the size of Tokyo schools if this monster was from a small city.

    Still, you found your moment of solace as you rounded a corner to a much quieter hallway. At the end of it was nothing except for a door on the left that was propped open. The light radiating from it was a different shade than the mixture of fluorescent light and daylight that lit up the halls. It was warmer.

    As you walked through the threshold slowly, you looked around and found no desks. Only big easels with individual stools were scattered around, a paint-stained but beautiful rug beneath each one.

    The warmer light had been coming from lamps that were scattered around the room. Your eye scanned until it ultimately landed on the only desk in the room. It was tucked away at an angle and the teacher that sat there was a small woman with kind eyes. They were the kindest eyes you had seen this entire day.

    You almost fell to the floor in complete joy as she regarded you with a smile. You could tell that you already felt safer here than anywhere else.

    "Oh, ho, who are you?" came another voice that made you turn towards the sound. It was a boy slouched over on the nearest stool that had been brought over to sit only feet away from the teacher's desk. Judging by the fact that he was facing her direction and her the same, you guessed that they had just been in conversation with each other.

    Seeing the boy alone caught you off-guard. He was different than all of the other kids that you had been walking past all day. His shirt was untucked, his tie was completely missing, and his ruby red hair was wildly spiked.

    He regarded you with wild eyes with a slight smirk on his face. You weren't sure what to make of him, but instantly you wondered how he made it through Shiratorizawa alive if you had felt like you were going to be burned alive for paint on your hand.

    "I'm, uh, (y/n) (l/n)," you answered, bowing just a bit towards the teacher.

    The boy brought his hands up that had previously been holding onto the seat below him as he got up and studied you a bit closer. You were instantly caught off guard by his height. He was much, much taller than you and he even bent a little bit to study you as if he were trying to make it that much clearer.

    "You're not from here, huh?" he asked

    You weren't sure which way he meant that comment as he said it, but you nodded your head slowly to confirm. "She's the new exchange student, Tendou-kun," said the teacher as she stood from her chair. When she stood you were caught off guard in a different way. She was very short to the point that when she stood next to the boy it was almost comical.