Chapter 8

Tendou walked down the familiar dorm hall, a small spring in his step and a fun melody ringing through his skull as he walked towards his destination

Tendou walked down the familiar dorm hall, a small spring in his step and a fun melody ringing through his skull as he walked towards his destination. He hoped and prayed that his gift had landed in the way that he wanted it to. He just wanted to make you happy. Your face had been looking even more distraught this week, the sweet smiles fewer and further between than they had been last week.

    If he failed to make your trip worthwhile by week two, he deserved to be called a failure of a friend that was supposed to make your exchange trip worthwhile.

    Now, he was freshly showered after a tough practice. His legs wanted to give out under him from all of the jumping, but it was all a familiar feeling to him after all this time at Shiratorizawa. His main concern would be that you wouldn't still be willing to see him. It was starting to get late, so he just hoped he could catch you at a good time.

    He didn't know that you were very much still awake on the other side of the door he was approaching. You wore just a t-shirt and athletic shorts that were a bit too covered in paint as he slapped some more on the canvas in front of you. You were unaware of the blue streak across your cheek that must have transferred when you had leaned your head against your hand to think.

    His note had said "See you tonight" so you were waiting patiently for him to finally come by. You had every reason to believe his word, he had never gone back on it before. Even if time was creeping by more and more, you wanted to see him so badly you were willing to wait however long it took him to get here.

    The soft knock at your door instantly made your heart start to race. You knew exactly who it was and you instantly ran forward to your door, not even caring about the paint that had been left everywhere or what you looked like at the moment.

    You opened the door with a smile as you looked up at the tall boy in front of you. His smirk grew into a smile. "Hello, Miss. Up to some painting, I see?"

    You smiled back, suddenly sheepish when you remembered how you looked like a disaster at the moment. He really only saw you in your school uniform. Now you were in basically pajamas with your hair tied up and paint all over your hand and arms.

    But you quickly realized that he was also much more casual than usual. He wore only a white t-shirt with purple kanji for the school across it and black joggers instead of his school uniform of his volleyball tracksuit. This wasn't quite like all the times you saw each other in class, it instantly felt different.

    "Uh, yeah," you answered with a small smile before holding up your hand that was splotched with green and purple. "Maybe a little."

    He stuck his hands in his pockets. "I would love to see what you were working on."

    "Of course," you said quickly, hardly even thinking about the fact that he was about to enter your dorm for the first time. You glanced behind you and realized that you only had your desk lamp on, giving the room a strange haze. "Here, I'll get the lights. Come on in."