Chapter 4

Your first weekend at this school was approaching and you were almost dreading it more than the school days

Your first weekend at this school was approaching and you were almost dreading it more than the school days. You had had a weekend prior to starting at the actual school, but you spent all of it setting up your dorm and working out the last logistics of your exchange with your advisor.

    There weren't such things to fill the space anymore. You could always start a new painting, but it was only inevitable that you would become bored eventually.

    You had asked for just one friend, but you had hardly even found that yet. What you did have was the boy that was currently painting and singing across the room from you, and-- at best-- he had only ever called you a "partner." Maybe it was better than the other option of enemies that he had proposed that first day, but you still weren't sure if you were able to call him a friend.

    He glanced up right as you brought your eyes back down to your painting. Feeling your eyes on him, he wanted to catch you in the act of staring desperately, but you had averted your eyes right before he could say, "Gotcha!"

    Everyday he felt like you were only getting more distant from him despite the fact that your conversations seemed to be getting further and further into you and your past as each day passed. He couldn't figure out why it seemed like you were drifting away every time he got closer.

    "Ms. (l/n)," he said, still focused on the painting in front of him. He hoped you would at least give him a response if he addressed you directly.

    "Hm?" you responded.

    He smiled. "What're you up to this fine weekend on Shiratorizawa's campus?"

    You almost wanted to gasp as you stopped painting and leaned back to get a better view of him. He was looking at you with a quirked brow as he leaned in his seat towards you. Did he know exactly what you had just been thinking about? No, it had to be a strange coincidence. "I'll probably be painting," you answered simply.

    "That's what you're doing right now, though," he pointed out while pointing his paintbrush at you.

"Yeah," you shrugged, "I like to do it."

"But that's your only plan for the entire weekend?"

You let out a small sigh without thinking before biting your tongue. "Yeah, I'm not sure what else there is."

He started to hum again. "Well, all you had to do was ask of course. I can always make time to help a lady out."

"Help me out?" you asked slowly.

"Yeah," he answered. "This campus may be vicious, but there's still fun aspects to it. Tonight, come to the volleyball game at the gym."

"Volleyball?"

"Mhm. A great sport."

"You're a fan of it?"

"You could say that," he answered before rolling his head on his shoulders to look at you directly. "Now, what do you say? Take a chance for me?"