Chapter 12

It was dramatic, looking back, but all you could do in that moment was walk away from that building

It was dramatic, looking back, but all you could do in that moment was walk away from that building. You walked away from the music, the low lights, the plastic cups and chairs, Semi and his horrible words... away from Tendou.

    If it weren't for Semi, you could have lived without even thinking about these things. Considering the conversation had yet to happen, maybe Tendou never wanted your relationship to bleed outside of this exchange trip. He had given you happy memories, beautiful works of art, and so much else, but maybe it was better kept as a chapter instead of a novel.

    You could have been blissfully ignorant. You could have kept on suppressing those thoughts further and further down, yet they had all been brought to the surface by one boy at a volleyball party.

    Tears struck your cheek. You were unaware that any were even welling. How fragile was all of this that you could be destroyed by one teenage boy's comments?

    You needed to get back to the safety of your dorm. There, you could cry and maybe paint your feelings out in peace. So, you continued to trudge along the streets of Sendai on a Friday night.

    Your eyes were trailed to the ground, trying to ignore all of the people around you with their questioning eyes. You ignored your phone when it began to buzz in your pocket. That didn't matter right now, getting back is all that did.

    Step by step, you furthered your distance from it all in a mindless rage.

    Away. You had to get away.

    That's when you finally looked up and realized that nothing looked familiar. Somewhere, someway you had taken a wrong turn. Spinning in a small circle, you tried to get a barring of your surroundings, but it all looked unfamiliar.

    You tried to recall which direction you had walked, but you realized that you had been too focused on your thoughts to even recall where your feet had gone on their own. A pit dropped in your stomach as your own stupidity hit you.

    Shaking hands reached down to your pocket, finally pulling out your phone. There was a missed call from a few numbers that weren't in your contacts, but that was it. Unlocking it and ignoring those notifications, you tried to search for where you actually were.

    Before you could, though, someone was speaking to you, "Miss? Are you alright, Miss?"

    You looked up slowly, and found a young man in front of you. He couldn't have been any more than a couple years older than you. Maybe he was a local college kid. Wiping your face quickly, you answered, "I'm fine. I was just looking for directions if you could help."

    He nodded. His face seemed kind of enough, and his eyes carried concern. "Do you know how to get to Shiratorizawa High School from here?"

    Nodding again, he said, "Yeah, I'll show you."