Chapter 3

You had already predicted it would, but art class definitely became a time of solace to you

You had already predicted it would, but art class definitely became a time of solace to you. It gave you more motivation to get through your school work so you could go down there and continue on your giant painting that you were given the opportunity to do with all the supplies you could dream of.

    Tendou had actually meant it when he agreed to be a partner to you, at least while both of you were in the class. On day one he had crossed the room after about a half hour of work time and gazed upon your work. "Oh, yeah. That's cool," he said as he hovered over you. "Open to minor suggestions?"

    You looked up at him with a smile. It was nice that he asked before giving any comments, unsolicited advice always made you a little bit angry no matter what the intentions were. "Go for it," you answered as you set down your paints and leaned back.

    He then gave his critiques, and all of them were truly helpful. They were all things you had been contemplating the composition of and he gave you the answer you had been looking for. You smiled as you watched his hand point out the last thing you had worries about. It was as if he knew exactly what you were looking to change.

"Thank you," you said as he backed away, putting his hands into his pockets. "That actually really helps me."

He gave you a nod and his normal smirk. "Of course."

On day two, both of you painted in mostly silence. It was a comfortable silence, not awkward in any way even though you would have pinned him as someone extremely talkative from your first impression of him. Instead, he was often singing little songs under his breathe. They were often a made-up melody about what he was doing at that moment.

One of his songs he included you in it and you turned to him with a shocked little smile as he continued to sing his theme song for you and your painting. "She blends. Oh, (y/n), there she goes with that brush. Oh, yeah-"

The songs seldom had words that actually rhymed, but they were still extremely entertaining. The ones with you as the subject even had you blushing at times. 

At the end of class he said goodbye with a "Ciao," as he walked through the door, his jacket slung over his shoulder. Yesterday he said goodbye with "Au revoir." Maybe he was simply going to switch languages every day.

On day three he dragged you over to his work. He pushed you down onto his stool as he stood behind you, watching you scan the details of his painting.

That wasn't the first time you had caught a glimpse of his project, but this was the first time you got to look at it up close. Looking at him, you would have never pinned him as someone in photo-realism, but that's exactly what you were looking at. A perfect landscape of evergreen trees and mountains was before you.

"It's amazing," you said simply as you looked.

He gave a small laugh. "You think? This was just from my mind."