Chapter 3 - Amy's Choice

Amy's Choice, part 1 -

The Tardis materialised in Leadworth. The Doctor took the Oracle's hand with a smile and kissed it before pulling her out into Rory and Amy's garden. They jumped out with bright smiles to see Rory with a ponytail at the back of his head approaching.

"Rory!", the Doctor exclaimed and let go of his wife's hand to raise his arms in excitement.

"Doctor. Oracle", Rory greeted.

"He's crushed your flowers", the Oracle observed, "Blue switches. Better control, love."

"Oh, Amy will kill you", Rory nodded.

"Where is she?", the Doctor asked.

"She'll need a bit longer", Rory shrugged.

"Whenever you're ready, Amy", the Doctor shouted.

A moment later, Amy waddled out of the cottage, pregnant belly protruding from her middle. The Doctor spread his arms with an overwhelmed grin.

"Oh, wa-hey! You've swallowed a planet!"

"She's pregnant, Doctor", the Oracle nudged him and walked over to hug Amy.

"You're huge", the Doctor continued.

"Yeah, I'm pregnant", Amy repeated over the Oracle's shoulder.

"Look at you", the Doctor touched Amy's belly before hugging her as well, "When worlds collide."

"Doctor, I'm pregnant", Amy said again when she pulled away.

The Doctor stood between the two, hands on each of their shoulders, "Oh, look at you both. Five years later and you haven't changed a bit, apart from age and size."

"It's good to see you, Doctor", Amy told him, hands on her stomach.

He looked from her face down to her belly and finally realised, "Are you pregnant?"

Everyone chuckled at him as Amy led the way inside and the Oracle pushed the back of her husband's head to usher him along. Amy just got her coat so they could take a walk through the village to show the Time Lords around.

"Ah, Leadworth", the Doctor started, leading the way through empty streets, "Vibrant as ever."

"It's Upper Leadworth, actually", Rory corrected him, "We've gone slightly upmarket."

"Where is everyone?", the Oracle asked.

"This is busy", Amy told her, causing both Time Lords to frown, "Okay, it's quiet. But it's really restful and healthy. Loads of people here live well into their nineties."

"Well, don't let that get you down", the Doctor shrugged and sat down on a bench, Amy and Rory on either side, the Oracle leaning onto his shoulders from behind.

"No, Doctor, 'well into their nineties' is really long for a human", the Oracle told him, patting his shoulder.

"Yeah, it's not getting me down", Amy said, almost defensively.

"Well, I wanted to see how you were. You know us", the Doctor pointed up at his wife, "We don't just abandon people when they leave the Tardis. These Time Lords are for life. You don't get rid of your old pal the Doctor so easily."

Amy hummed, "You came here by mistake, didn't you?"

"Yeah, bit of a mistake. But look, what a result", the Doctor admitted.

"I actually don't know where we had intended to go. What were we doing before we came here?", the Oracle furrowed her eyebrows.

They all just stared around, deep in thought for a moment until the Doctor got uncomfortable in the awkward silence, "Look at this bench! What a nice bench. What will they thing of next? So. What do you do around here to stave off the-"