Chapter 14 - A Christmas Carol

/This is likely my favourite Christmas special (Unpopular Opinion, I know) but I like it even more with the role the Oracle takes on :) What's your favourite Christmas special?/

A Christmas Carol, part 1 -

"Doctor, distress signal", the Oracle called from above to where the Doctor was sitting in his swing below the console, "It's Amy and Rory!"

The Doctor immediately came up to her. He checked the monitor, "Their cruiser is crashing."

"I've noticed. I've set a course for where they're going. They won't let them land", she was running around the console.

"I have sent a message to Amy", he smiled proudly.

She looked around at the screen to see the words 'Come along, Pond' flash on the screen. She smiled and landed on the rooftop of the Sardick-Residence. The Doctor gasped when he walked out first.

"What?", she asked.

"Great big chimney", he pointed ahead and made his way over.

"Oh, no, Doctor, don't, please", she groaned.

But the Doctor had already jumped in. She rolled her eyes, locked the Tardis and made her way over to the door. She sonicked it open and ran down to the main room. The Doctor had just fallen out of the fireplace and looked just as dirty as she'd expected.

"Ah. Yes. Blimey, sorry. Christmas Eve on a rooftop. Saw a chimney, my whole brain just went, what the hell", he shrugged.

"It went there, huh? I thought it had permanently settled there", the Oracle walked in with her arms crossed.

He walked up to the family in the room that had set themselves apart from the setting by being dressed in rags and looking much dirtier and less well-situated than their surroundings, "Don't worry, fat fellow will be doing the rounds later. I'm just scoping out the general chimney-ness. Yes", he turned back to the fire place and patted it, "Nice size, good traction. Big tick."

"Fat fellow?", the father of the family asked.

"Father Christmas, Santa Claus or, as I've always known him, Jeff", the Doctor went back to him.

"Not that that's his actual name. The Doctor just calls him that", the Oracle shrugged.

"There's no such person as Father Christmas", the boy furrowed his brows.

"Oh, yeah?", the Doctor picked a photograph out of his pocket, "Me and Father Christmas, Frank Sinatra's hunting lodge, 1952. See him at the back with the blonde? Albert Einstein. The three of us together. She took the picture", he pointed to the Oracle, "Watch out. Okay? Keep the faith. Stay off the naughty list."

"Doctor, the controls", the Oracle gestured to the big machine in the room, "Get to the point."

"Ooo, yes. Now, what's this then?", he walked up to the controls that looked like some sort of organ, "I love this. A big flashy lights thing. That's what brought us here. Big flashy light things have us written all over them. Not actually, but give me time, and a crayon. Now, this big flashy light thing is connected to the spire on your dome, yeah? And it controls the sky."

"Well, technically it controls the clouds. Although they aren't clouds at all. They're just masses of tiny particles of ice. Ice clouds. That's cool", the Oracle muttered, then noticed her own pun and chuckled.

The Doctor got up and walked about, "Yeah, love it", he turned to a cryochamber and pointed, "Who's she?"

"Nobody important", the old grump who the Oracle assumed to be Sardick himself spat.