Chapter 4 - Amy's Choice

Amy's Choice, part 2 -

Amy went to the swingset, quickly followed by the rest of the group. The Oracle watched Mrs Poggit from afar as she also entered the ruined castle while Amy and the Doctor sat down on the swings. The Oracle held on to the swing-chains and put her head on top of the Doctor's.

"Now, we all know there's an elephant in the room", he started.

"I am never having a child with you again", the Oracle muttered.

"I have to be this size, I'm having a baby", Amy grumbled with crossed arms, not looking at him.

"No, no. The hormones seem real, but no. Is nobody going to mention Rory's ponytail?", Upon his words, Amy turned back to him with a playful grin, "You hold him down, I'll cut it off?"

"This from the man in the bow tie", Rory gave back.

"I like the bow tie", the Oracle shrugged.

"Bow ties are cool", the Doctor proudly fixed his bow tie, got up and walked towards the castle, "I don't know about you, but I wouldn't hire Mrs Poggit as a babysitter. What's she doing? What does she want?"

They heard the birds again and Amy commented, annoyed, "Oh, no. Here we go."

They woke back up in the Tardis where Amy turned to the Time Lords with crossed arms, "It's really cold. Have you got any warm clothing?"

"What does it matter if we're cold? We have to know what she's up to", the Doctor turned away, running a hand through his hair.

The Oracle put a hand on his back and turned to their companions, "There should be some stuff down there. Would you bring us some as well?"

Amy nodded and the two walked away to where she'd pointed. When they were away she turned around to the Doctor.

"Okay, hold on a minute, can't we let Mrs Poggit be? I mean that's obviously the dream, right?", she muttered, "I'd much prefer trying to save our lives here."

"What makes you so sure?", he turned around to her.

"I don't know. Amy definitely isn't pregnant. Rory didn't just become a doctor in five years. I don't remember us steering to Leadworth. And I don't remember saying good-bye to them. Five years must have passed there and I don't remember any of them."

He furrowed his eyebrows and rushed past her below the console with a tin mug to find a bottle opener and a whisk. He turned it into some sort of gizmo when he came back up.

"Ah, Rory, wind", he handed it to him, "Amy, could you attach this to the monitor, please?"

"I was promised amazing worlds. Instead I get duff central heating and a weird, kitchen-y, wind-up device", Rory stared at the device in his hands.

"I have been thinking the same thing for centuries", the Oracle sighed as she turned to the console to help.

"It's a generator. Get winding", the Doctor told Rory.

"Not enough", Amy looked at the monitor.

"Rory, wind."

"Why is the Dream Lord picking on you?", Rory grew frustrated, "Why us?"

The scanner came up and they saw an image of the space around them.

"Where are we?", Amy asked.

"We're in trouble", the Doctor told her, walking to the door.

"What is that?", Rory asked.

"It's impossible. It looks like a cold star", the Oracle said.

The Doctor opened the door and then shut it quickly when a gush of cold and bright light came in, "That's why we're freezing. It's not a heating malfunction. We're drifting towards a cold sun. There's our deadly danger for this version of reality."