ONE.

ONE ;
peter parker

real life / phone call !

It was the middle of winter in Queens, New York, and for Estella Cruz, that meant oversized sweaters, hot chocolate that would undoubtedly burn off all of her tastebuds, and unfortunately for her, a cold that she just could not get rid of. It also meant late nights spent planning out a wedding for her best friends while simultaneously trying to book a flight to California that wouldn't completely drain her bank account.

It was safe to say she was a little past overwhelmed.

Typically, winter was her favorite season of the year. Something about the holidays and warm nights spent by the fire with her friends and family filled her with an overwhelming amount of happiness and love.

That was not how she was feeling this winter, though. She was so stressed she could barely even think straight and it was absolutely souring her usual good mood.

"Stel, I told you Mason and I don't want you stressing yourself out over this. That was our only condition when agreeing to let you help plan the wedding," her best friend, Ava said from over the phone, concern evident in her voice. "Last time this happened you didn't sleep for a week. Please take care of yourself or we're going to have to let my sister help instead."

Stella wrinkled her nose in disgust, "Really? You're going to ask Reyna for help over me? Reyna? You know she's literally an idiot, Ava. I'm offended you'd even consider her to be my potential replacement."

Ava huffed and threw her hands up in the air. "We don't want her to help, either! But if you keep this up we're going to be forced to and we both don't want that."

"Don't make me fly out there, Estella! You know I will," Mason threatened as he moved into view of the camera.

"Oh no, one of my best friends threatening to fly out to see me? Whatever will I do," she deadpanned, making the older boy roll his eyes.

"Don't pretended we didn't try and get you to move here with us, Cruz. You're the one that won't leave New York."

Stella flipped him off but said nothing, making the couple on the phone loudly sigh.

"Stella."

"hm?"

"The only reason you even want to stay there is because you think it's cool that Peter Parker lived there in the comics and movies or whatever. That's not a good reason at all," Ava said with a frown, earning her an exasperated glare from the brunette.

"Peter Parker is literally the love of my life and if you want to continue this relationship then I suggest you stop disrespecting him."

Mason hesitated before muttering, "you say that like you're the one marrying her."

Stella shrugged. "I am. Ive been your best friend since we were four years old, so whoever you marry I marry, too. Ava is our wife, argue with the wall."

"I thought you said we were like your- barely older than you- parents?"

"I never said that."

"You did."

"Not."

"Stel, I literally have it in writing. Or have you forgotten the birth certificate you made that listed us as your parents?"

She scowled at the camera as Mason barely bit back his laughter. "I hate you. More than anyone in the entire world, Mason Knight. That was a dare and you know it."

"I don't know anything."

"You're the one that dared me to do it!"

He turned his attention to his fiancé and grinned, "does that sound like something I would do, Ava?"

"Hey!" Stella exclaimed, "don't turn our wife against me! That's favoritism and it's only allowed when i'm the one doing it!"

"How the fuck does that work?"

"I think we're getting off topic," Ava laughed, "take a break or i'll be forced to ask Reyna."

Stella rolled her eyes. "Whatever. You're not even over here so you won't even know if I do or not."

"Stella."

"Ava."

"Stella."

She huffed loudly and crossed her arms, "fine, whatever. Get out of my face."

"I'm only doing what you say because we actually have to go. Love you, Stel!" Ava said, blowing a kiss towards her phone.

Stella saluted her, "Bye, love of my life. And Mason, I guess."

Before the two could start arguing again, Ava waved one more time and swift hung up.

Stella didn't plan on actually listening to her friends, but the second her phone turned off, she felt her eyes drooping.

"Stupid eyes getting all tired and shit and ruining my life," she muttered to herself before face planting onto her bed.