Chapter 1

Ridget's POV:

I sat quietly at the back of the room. Looking outside the window and watching the leaves dancing with the wind as our English professor is discussing. The topic is about fiction and non-fictions which I found boring. They're talking about fantasy stories where humans got powers or a prince saving a princess who's locked up in a tower and being guarded by a seven headed dragon. Those things aren't real.

"Let's talk about supernatural. Fiction or non-fiction?" I heard our professor asked. A girl raised her hand. "Yes Ms. Anastasia?"

"Sir, I believe it's non-fiction. Vampires, shifters, ghosts, glitch are an example of supernatural. There are a lot of stories about them being seen by humans." The girl said. I snorted and looked out at the window again, only to see an oak tree.

"I think Montenegro disagrees, Sir." The boy at my back said.

"Oohhh the unwanted disagree." The other girl from my class said and they all laughed.

"Quiet. Ms. Montenegro, do you disagree?' Tanong ni Sir. I just shrugged and kept quiet.

"Now class, this book I'm holding is an original copy from the book entitled Nightmare X written by I'mMs.Anonymous. People say this is fiction. Some say it's not. Why?" Our professor asked again. No one decided to answer. I just looked at the oak tre again, only to be surprised when I saw a branch moving. As if it was waving at me. I shaked my head and looked at our professor again who's waiting for an answer.

"Because it has no specific genre. The author didn't put any genre on it." I answered. They all looked at me at my sudden answer.

"If you we're to ask, what do you think is its genre?' Professor asked.

"Fiction. Vampires? Shifters? They aren't real." I said.

"How could you be so sure?" Professor asked.

"Because I haven't seen any of it yet." My answer made everyone laugh.

"What a lame answer." Ciello, my classmate and my bully, made fun of me.

"Why? Do you know anyone who could prove that these creatures are real?" I asked her that made everyone silent.

"N-no." She said.

"That's what I thought. There's nothing funny about my answer, Ciello." I said. She stood up harshly and pointed angrily at me.

"No one cares about your answer you stupid orphan!" She shouted at me.

"First of all, I'm not stupid. And yes. I'm an orphan. So what?" I asked.

"You know why you're an orphan?! Because your parents don't love you! They despise you! They hate that they had you for a daughter!" She shouted at me and tried to pull my hair. My reflexes aren't that fast at the moment that I couldn't avoid her. She pulled my hair hard that I feel like it would separate from my scalp.

"Ms. Montenegro and Ms. Philips stop it! This is my last warning for the both of you! Ipapatawag ko na ang mga magulang niyo!" Sir tried to stop us, but Ciello doesn't want to. In fact, she just pulled my hair harder and slapped me.

"Tama na! Nasasaktan ako!" Sigaw ko but hindi siya nakinig.

"Masasaktan ka talagang pabida ka! Freak! Unwanted! Orphan!" She started to shout hurtful words at me.

"I SAID STOP!" After I shouted, a force separated us from each other. I felt my head hit the corner of my armchair. My vision started to blurry, and my eyelids were heavy. But what I saw shocked me.