Chapter 2: Madness

Several years had passed since the end of the Great War. Both the Mortal World and the Supernatural World had changed dramatically.

Several different Human civilizations rose and fell over those several years. Powerful nations grew upon the foundations of their predecessors, developing new methods of travel, fighting, and communication along the way. The Humans had fought each other in several wars, two of which had engulfed the entire world.

The Supernatural World had developed alongside the Mortal World in secret. Due to a civil war, the Devils were brought to near-extinction. In order to replenish their numbers, the Devils developed the Evil Piece System, which allowed them to reincarnate other races into Devils. The Fallen Angels and the Angels, who found themselves in a similar situation to the Devils, crafted their own reincarnation system modeled after the Evil Pieces.

Tristan Oscurito wasn't there to witness these changes. In fact, he wasn't even aware of them.

Tristan stayed with Trihexa after the end of the "Great War." The two formed an unlikely friendship, constantly engaging in conversations with one another. Trihexa even spent some time training with Tristan, helping him gain a small bit of control over the Insanity Driver.

Of course, Tristan did leave Trihexa's seal, but only so he could hunt animals for food. Staying with Trihexa made it easier for the Divines to watch him. Pneuma recalled Deus and Omega back to Elysium, and began to send a Divine to Trihexa's seal once a month to check up on Tristan. She'd also secretly leave some food for Tristan and Trihexa, partially as a way to atone for her past mistakes involving Malos.

Of course, Tristan couldn't stay inside Trihexa's seal forever. The Divines knew this, Trihexa knew this, and even Tristan himself knew this. What surprised Trihexa was that Tristan decided to leave on his own accord. Understandably, he was reluctant to go, but Trihexa reassured him that he was always welcomed whenever he decided to come back. The beast promised to never forget him, and Tristan promised the same.

With that, Tristan left the seal for the final time. He was ready to see what the world had to offer in this new age. However, none of the Divines were present, meaning that they now had no idea where he was.

A problem they shared with Irene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To say that Irene was pissed would be an understatement.

She was pissed. Pissed that her darling, her beloved, her KING, had disappeared. Pissed that he didn't tell her he was leaving. Of course, Tristan still wasn't aware that Irene was following him...but that pissed off Irene even more. She tried to make her presence known to Tristan, but he just ignored her.

In reality, Irene's attempts to make herself known to Tristan weren't as effective as she thought, but that's not how Irene saw it.

Now, Irene stood in front of Trihexa's seal. Irene knew Tristan and the Beast were friends. She allowed it, seeing as the Beast wasn't a girl trying to take her man. Now, however, she was going to have a little chat with the Beast. It was the only thing that possibly knew where Tristan was, and Irene was willing to use excessive force to get an answer.

Irene placed her hand on Trihexa's seal, ready to enter the barren wasteland. However, just as she was about to push into the barrier, a thought came to her mind.

Would Tristan hate her if she hurt Trihexa?

Irene froze up. The thought of her darling hating her was enough to drive her mad. She couldn't even bring herself to imagine Tristan angry at her. Her heart would shatter like glass if that happened. Tristan was her love, her life, her EVERYTHING.