Chapter 7: Scarlet Family

The moon's light bathed the Scarlet Devil Mansion as many Fairy Maids flew about, repairing the damage that had been done a couple hours prior. Tristan, Bethany, Hank, and Tricky sat at a table, the residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion sitting opposite to them. Sakuya handed a cup of tea to Remilia.

Remilia: "Thank you, Sakuya." *takes a sip* "Mmm.~ As delicious as always."

Sakuya: *bows* "Thank you, Milady."

Remilia nodded, before turning back to her guests, her crimson eyes focusing on Tristan.

Remilia: "Now, dear guest...let's talk about your story."

Tristan seemed to hesitate for a moment, rather nervous due to having all of this attention suddenly thrusted upon him. Eventually, he steeled his nerves, took a deep breath, and looked at Remilia.

Tristan: "...by any chance...have any of you heard of...Shadowreign?"

Patchouli: "One of the books in the library made a mention of that Kingdom...they were one of the most powerful Human Kingdoms in that era of History, until the entire Kingdom was destroyed by a natural disaster."

Meiling: "One single natural disaster destroyed an entire Kingdom?"

Koakuma: "I'm sure a natural disaster back then would have done significant damage to a Human Kingdom...but...to wipe it out entirely? That would take an immense amount of power."

Tristan: "..it..wasn't a natural disaster..."

Sakuya: "...and how exactly would you know that."

Tristan: "...because I was there..."

Everyone's eyes widened except for Hank's and Tricky's.

Koakuma: "What...?"

Meiling: "You must be jesting..."

Patchouli: "You look no older than the white-haired girl next to you."

Bethany: "She's not wrong..."

Sakuya: "How could you have been there to witness its destruction? That's impossible-"

Remilia: "Unless you are far older than you appear...are you truly a Human?"

Tristan: "Y-Yes..."

Sakuya: "...th-that's...impossible...what magic have you used to achieve this feat?"

Patchouli: "Assuming, of course, you used magic."

Tristan: "...I didn't..."

Remilia: "...let's back up a moment...you said you were at Shadowreign when it was destroyed. In that case, tell me...what really happened."

Tristan: "...the Insanity Driver...that's what happened."

Patchouli: "...Insanity Driver...? I've never heard of that..."

Hank: "TO PUT IT SIMPLY, IT MAKES HIM STRONGER BY LITERALLY BREAKING HIS MIND."

Meiling: *eyes widen* "It what?"

Koakuma: "I-It breaks his mind?!?"

Sakuya: "What kind of monster makes anything like that..."

Tristan: "Malos..."

Bethany: "Malos...he's a Divine, isn't he?"

Patchouli: "One of the strongest ones, according to the books I've read."

Tricky: "HEHE. NOT ANYMORE. THAT FUCK'S DEAD."

Patchouli: "He's dead...?"

Bethany: "...and how did he die, exactly..."