Period

A/N: Hello my little lollipops! 🍭 Thanks so much for the 1.4K reads and 50 votes! The fuck! Although I don't really gain anything from that stuff, the confidence and motivation it gives me is priceless. I hope you like this chapter, and I really hope you liked my foreshadowing. Hehehe. Apologies for the lack of updates. Enjoy! Byeee! 💜

Jemma's Perspective (Youngest Twin Sister, 20)

It was nearly four in the morning, and I lay fretfully on my plush, cosy bed, burning a hole in the decorated walls of my bedroom with my eyes. Dappled moonlight drifted in from my bedroom window, joining the harmonising owls outside and their tunes accompanied a weird type of peace. The fleeting atmosphere was strangely romantic, which coincidentally moved my thoughts towards- anyways. Remembering myself to converse with Carter later, I let my gaze wander around my new room. The pastel yellow walls were coated in posters and organisational pieces, my desk piled with various colourful books, textbooks and papers, my half-closed wardrobe packed with the finest of clothes. It really was a magnificent miracle how we could afford it all, but our heritage explained the wealth and luck we had. I almost wondered wether I should scroll through my phone until breakfast, but the consequences of being caught were bad enough. I'd already been on it all night, which means I wasn't allowed to even touch it until seven in the morning. If I had slept at nine, I would be able to comfort my dawn-time troubles with the use of my device, but even now, I doubted I could walk to my cupboard sanely. 

I noticed that an eerily calm silence had settled across the household, especially now that the others were deep in their nightmares and dreams. A hidden cricket croaked longingly, a few perky birds chirping in the distance, yet I could help but appreciate the peace inside our usually bustling house, fond insults and cheeky cuddles. Usually, unless someone's arse was being roasted. Snickering to myself, I attempted to quietly turn on my side and fall asleep, taking advantage of the rare silence. The calm before the storm. Just as my drooping eyelids were carrying my into another world, a small, panicked scream interrupted my rest. Sadly, the bursting scream came from the room sandwiched between me and Jay's. Tara's room. Deciding that I'd gotten enough sleep today, I slid out of my bed, inching my door open and opening the one to Jay's. I needed some support to deal with our hypersensitive, emotional younger cousin. Sneakily walking over towards my sister, I shook her awake, hastily clasping a hand over her mouth once she woke. "Tara needs us."

Jay's Perspective (Younger Twin Sister, 20)

I woke up groggily to a hand firmly clasped over my mouth and Jemma's urgent whispers. Her words managed to swiftly pull me out of bed and I jumped onto my feet with a gasp. My room, compared to my sister, was a charming shade of grey, political posters, controversial books, sinister artworks and a hug asexual flag hanging over my closed wardrobe, which in turn carried my simple, mostly black clothing range. Quite tame compared to my fabulously flaming personality, in my opinion. As I rubbed my weary eyes and creaked open my bedroom door, I could almost see Jemma's endless interior panic. She rarely overreacted to situations, but especially after Tara's emotional episode this evening and due to her naturally secretive nature, everyone was worried about some underlaying problem. Jemma had calmed down by now, and pulled out the spare key to Tara's room we had. It was mostly a security measure, used for emergencies and other incidents, so I supposed this confusing situation counted. As I turned the key and pushed into Tara's room hastily, both Jemma and I were met with a shocking scene.

Tara was on her feet, next to her bed, trembling and silently crying. As I advanced towards my cousin worriedly, she scrambled backwards in panic, pointing towards the piece of furniture and then her clothing. Drifting my eyes towards the plump, lavender bed which was overflowing with quilts and pillows, it took me a while to realise there was a dark, wet patch in the middle, glistening of a deep red. Tara's baby pink nightwear was also stained, and it took a moment for the situation to click in my head, but as soon as it did, a relieved laugh erupted from inside me, joining Jemma's a few seconds later. Tara stared at us like we were crazy, but our manic laughing echoed endlessly into the night, continuing until the soft sound of lights switching on were heard. As I panicked, Jemma winked at me calmly, gesturing to Tara and the bedclothes, then slipping outside with a smile. Understanding her discrete signals almost immediately, I rushed towards my baby cousin and helped her take off her clothing, reassuring her tears with a small kiss. "How about we take a bath, then you can go back to sleep?"

"Ok Jay."  Tara replied hesitantly, letting me help her. Once the clingy clothing was off, I ushered my confused little cousin into the chilled bathroom, letting the warm water rush into the bathtub and steam fill the air. She soon climbed in and started scrubbing herself aggressively, as I quickly changed her bedsheets and grabbed the overwhelmingly damp mound of fabric and stepped outside, only to be met with Jemma holding all of the boys back, stiffly trying to explain the situation. They didn't seem to be destructively angry, so I suppose she'd succeeded for the most part. Handing my sister the cloths, I gave her a subtle, confident nod, smiling as I turned to my cousins. Thankfully, due to our skillful twin telepathy, Jemma got the message and headed to the laundry room, while I was left with the complicated task of explaining this to the boys. "Tara is fine, she's not hurt-"

"Then what happened?! Why are you three up this late?" Amazing, Carter! At least let me finish. In their defence, I noticed how concerned yet oblivious the boys were, and I understood their worry. Tara is their only sister, Jemma and I are just add-ons. "Jay, I swear I will throw you to the ground if she's done something wrong."

"For GODS SAKE Carter! There's nothing wrong." Control was always a reoccurring issue for me, so it took most of my focus to try to keep this quiet. Especially for the sake of Tara's self-esteem and comfort. "She just had her period."

"Oh-" The four brothers blushed as red as a tomato, earning a amused shake of the head from me as I firmly dragged them all back to their rooms, giggling under my breath. It really takes nothing to embarras a man, does it. "Sorry Jay. Um- take care of Tara?" 

"I will. Now bed." I calmly followed Jemma into Tara's organised bedroom, grabbing an extra pack of pads for my cousin. We should go shopping soon, but I wasn't taking any bets. As I shuffled in, I found Tara distractedly wiping down her shivering body, and Jemma explaining how to use a pad. She dressed soon, and as Tara tiredly lay down to sleep, cuddling adorably next to her huge pile of soft toys, I attempted to explain the process to her, Jemma occasionally helping me. She already knew most of it, and by quarter to six, Jemma and I could occasionally relax, kissing Tara goodnight as we found our way back to our own, empty rooms. With a satisfied smile, I let myself we enveloped in my bedsheets, creeping back into the world of dreams. 

A/N: 💜 Anyways; this chapter is dedicated to something that is absolute shit and doesn't deserve to exist. Something, that I would literally love to rid from the face of the earth. Periods. Fuck periods, am I right? 💀