Riverside

Hello my little raindrops! 💧 I'm not really gonna continue saying the same sappy thank you message with each chapter, but you guys know how I feel. 7-fucking-k is kinda shocking. At this milestone, I'ma re-ask you guys a simple question; would you rather I:

A: Continue writing in first person, or

B: Switch over to third person? I'll still write similar, it's just less confusing...

Anyhow, put in suggestions or prompts when possible, and check out the messages on my profile. Please give me feedback. I think it's all shitty. This is kind of a weird chapter, mostly cause I'm busy and wanna give you guys something different that makes it easier for me to write as well. We'll have more soon, but my days are cramped. I'd love to live in a mansion and property like these guys... For those who like my style of writing, and are interested in 'normal' stories, I'm going to try to make another account. This one was supposed to be somewhere to escape and relax, but since I'm going to do ✨more profesional✨ pieces of writing, I'll need a different, seperate account. You'll find it if you can, but thank you and enjoy! 😊💜

Peter's Perspective: (Youngest Brother, 16)

I  pulled my white shirt over my head, lazily tossing it into a random bag before patting down my ruffled brown locks. The sun blazed down over the river's slow stream, reflecting on it's shimmering waters and creating rainbows in the cooling spray. Truthfully, the lakeside was our prime haven during the holidays, tucked away at the edge of our property, surrounded in a aura of peace and dotted with cheery critters. We never needed to go anywhere to explore, and the opportunities for fun and adventure were limitless. Just a kilometre down from the house, there was a small clearing in the lush thicket where the water burst up from a spring into the raging river, and another mile away on the opposite side, the river led to a small waterfall. The waterfall indicated the end of our bountiful property, and was our entrance into a public national park, where we'd swim in during the peak of summer. 

Obviously, there were strict rules on how far we could stray from the house, and for good reason. There are multiple animals who roam the woods, and the rushing river could be dangerous if you're alone. All of us need to tell someone before leaving the house and can explore our area alone, although we need permission to leave the property. Tara has it the hardest, because she can't actually swim unless she has specific permission, but we'd usually grant her it anyways. I assume she'd find life incredibly boring, cooped up with a bunch of teenagers and adults without any close friends. Siblings and cousins just didn't cut it. Everyone was fine with letting each other explore and have fun, especially as we started the end-of-school-year break. Summer  just peeked it welcomed head through the door and everyone embraced it desperately. We were all tired of being cooped up with each other. As celebration, we decided to roughly mimic our yearly family tradition, (usually taking place on midsummer week) and enjoy a nice picnic and swim. The original trip would consist of us avoiding the house for a whole week, and enjoying our blissful holidays by camping and exploring the property, but we wanted to save the treasured experience for later. 

I glanced towards the rest of my  family, who were spreading the checkered picnic rug in a patch of flowering grass, shaded by the drooping trees surrounding us. As I help my older brothers unpack the overflowing hamper, the girls eagerly pull off their loose dresses and throw them to the side. We all pitch in to set up the area with whatever complicated equipment we brought. and trying to retain the peaceful atmosphere despite our hyperactivity. In a few minutes, our blanket was fastened with a few piles of books, a packed ice cooler, containers of sandwiches and fruit and a incredibly attractive iced beauty; the delicious work of Ethan and Jemma.  After yesterday's burst of rain, the river was tumbling past us like a race-car, leaping over the smooth rocks and teasing us with a beckoning spray. A gasp escaped my throat, and before I could back away, Tara and Carter grabbed my arms, leaping in alongside me.