Twenty four

The day that we weren't expecting finally came. My Cassie was in danger for something that she didn't do. Bella got what she wanted, but Leah won't let anything happen to Cassie.

Cassie stood in Edward's arms as they watched everyone train. The pack didn't arrive yet making the Cullens practice. "Jasper knows a lot about this."

"Ask him for his story, Cassie. He will tell you faster than most of us."

"Why?"

"There's something about you that wants to learn without force."

Cassie looked back to the others just as the pack came meaning that Jane and Bella was there. "She should be the one in danger. Not me."

"I know, but my family killed James and you are a part of us."

Bella glared as she watched Cassie and Edward share a kiss before looking at Jasper. Cassie watched Edward walk over to Carlisle and started fighting. Something with the way he moved had Cassie wanting to learn self defense.
~~~
After their training, Cassie walked over to Jasper and smiled. "Okay, you have to tell me how you knew all those moves and if you can teach me."

I never seen Jasper smile at a human, but Cassie got to him. Listening to him tell her his story. I heard a disgusting mind and sighed. Bella is an imprint and its like she doesn't care.

A growl caught their attention making them all look at Leah causing Bella to sigh. "Its always about her."

"She doesn't care." Edward said as he walked over to Cassie and pulled her into his arms. "She's protecting you from getting killed by us. You've done enough to get Cassie killed. Now go with Leah and stay the hell away from us!"

Cassie looked at Edward shocked. This was not the side she never thought she would see. Edward walked away causing Cassie to follow him. "Edward." He stopped as everyone watched. "I don't care about this battle. I'm not worried about Bella, but I'm worried about all of you." She said as she walked up behind him. "Edward, you are already showing me that you will protect me, but I think its time for you to let me protect you."

No one said a word as Cassie walked closer to Edward. "It's not just you and your families battle, it's mine and I'm going to do everything I can to prove to you that I'm not some weak human." A tear slid down her face. "I love you, Edward and your my always and forever."

She was right. She's not like any other human, she's brave and I know that I'm not alone. When I turned to look at her, I knew that she meant every word. This was her battle and all I can do is keep her safe like she will me.

Bella scoffed as she saw Edward kiss Cassie. Cassie pulled back and hugged him as she was glad that this man was doing everything to keep her safe. Jane smiled as she looked at Jacob. Jane ran and hugged Cassie as Jacob left. "Ready to head home."

"Yes." She said yawning.

"Come on." Edward said as he picked Jane up. "Lets get going."
~~~
That night, Cassie told Charlie she was staying with Alice, but reality, it was just her and Edward. Cassie was waiting for Edward to come back so she decided to take a warm bath. She went to Edward's closet and grabbed a shirt to wear then went straight to the bathroom.

Edward arrived from his hunt to hear water running. He walked upstairs to his room then straight to the bathroom to see Cassie in the tub. "Relaxing?"

Cassie jumped and look behind her. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry." He said as he sat beside the tub. "Do you remember when we first met?"

"Yes."

"I was a total ass." He tells her. "I shouldn't have, but I was. At the time I thought you were just my blood singer, but being apart proved that you were my mate."

"Edward, I forgave you. I forgave you when you came back." Cassie stood up as Edward wrapped the towel around her. "I will always worry about you."

She's right. I always worry about her too. Helping her out of the tub, I knew that after this battle, I'm going to marry Cassandra Hope Swan.