Chapter 5

I had been abusing the punching bag for two straight hours and I still wasn't tired enough to stop. There were way too many things on my mind and I just couldn't stop punching and kicking the bag.

Just as I did a round-house kick, the door to the gym opened and my two best friends walked in.

"You've been here for hours Ames, you okay now?"

Turning to look at Kat, I shook my head before attacking the punching bag again.

"Instead of being violent, maybe we should talk it out." Liz's voice was calm and soothing but did little to appease my anger.

After another fifteen minutes, I backed away from the bag and walked towards the two of them. Kat handed me a towel and Liz gave me a bottle of water.

Nodding my thanks, I finished the water in three gulps before announcing, "We're going out tonight."

~

An hour and a shower later, I was ready to get drunk.

In a skin tight black dress that stopped barely eight inches below my ass, my leather jacket and heeled boots, I was ready to dance and not give a fuck.

Opening the door, I stepped out of my room to see the other two doing so too. Looking at each other's outfits, we gave nods of approval before heading for the front door.

At the door we made sure to strap on the essentials - long chain for Kat, silencer for me, magic pouches for Liz, and knives for all of us. We've been travelling together for awhile now, so strapping weapons on each other was routine.

In between moving from state to state and transferring schools, we learned to both trust and train each other. I dealt with hand to hand combat while Kat trained us in weaponry. She was quite skilled in the art of weapons fighting, her only issue was actually attacking people without reason. Her father trained her well but even with all that training she still can't kill people; it's the one thing she vowed never to do.

There were times when we found ourselves in situations that needed her to bring out her expertise but it was always in the name of defence. She can fight, injure, even knock a guy twice her size out cold, but she cannot kill. And I would never ask her to.

As for Liz, she understands that not all fights can be resolved diplomatically. She's not the best warrior, but to be fair she's never actually had to fight physically. She uses her magic more. All her life, she's used it to protect herself but she can't always be dependant on it. She's our biggest asset. If she could fight her own battles without needing to rely on magic, it will definitely give her the upperhand when she finally brings it out.

The thing about the both of them is that they're only willing to fight in the name of defence. I admire them for it but am also disturbed by it. I guess this is what happens when you're raised to be a weapon and have constant bloodlust. Fighting fuels me. I live for a good fight, but I can't keep picking fights now can I?

Walking into the club, we're bombarded with the sights and sounds of the night life. Normally, people our age get carded but not us. I guess the hell we've been through made us look older than our age.

The three of us headed to the bar. As the bartender neared us, I quickly told him our orders before joining the girls in giving him a view of my back.

It's standard protocol for us to scope out our surroundings. Liz looks for potential threats by reading auras, Kat looks for exits in case we need to run for it and I make sure there are no immediate threats within the vicinity.

Once we were done, we turned back to face our drinks. Whiskey for me, wine for Liz and martini for Kat.

"Okay, who's turn is it?" I said after taking a sip of my drink. Clearly, we do this often enough to have to take turns on being the driver.

"I did it last time. I don't mind doing it again." Liz said in all seriousness.

"But you need to loosen up too! How about I do it this time because out of the three of us, I'm the least in need of this kind of therapy."

"You sure Kat?"

"Positive. Now get out there." She said urging us to the dancefloor.

Liz and I shared a look before finishing our drinks and moving to the dance floor. We weren't the best of dancers, unlike Kat, but I think we were doing okay. We were having fun at least. And we always had each other's backs, especially when a slimeball decided he wanted to 'dance' with us.

A couple of drinks and hella of a lot more dancing later, and my stresses seemed to just fade away. For a little while, I could just pretend like I'm your average teenage girl out clubbing with her girlfriends.

No crazy dad. No royal responsibilities. No Prince. No werewolf mate.

Just me being Amy, not Princess Amethyst Seraphina Kirova.