000. | PROLOGUE

10 YEARS EARLIER

TODAY WAS A BIG DAY FOR BAKUGOU KATSUKI. 

 maybe not for the other kids. maybe for them is was just an ordinary day in the kindergarten, with the usual lessons and the usual movies playing on the big screen. but today bakugou was going to ask you to be his girlfriend.

bakugo stood beneath a tree, his stubby hands nervously scratching the top of his head, watching as you sat underneath a slide in the playground. your attention was fixed onto some book the teacher gave you earlier. he never knew why you liked those books so much, but that was the least of his worries right now.

holding a flower he picked from beneath the tree he was standing under, he slowly walked over towards you, all while rehearsing whatever he was going to say in his head.

your eyes found him before he was in front of you, "hey katsuki!" you placed your book down on the padded flooring of the playground, making room for the ash blonde.

bakugo sat down beside you, his lips formed into a firm line as crimson flushed his pale cheeks. he had a deathly grip on the flower before hesitantly holding it out to you. 

"this is for you," he mumbled as you took the flower, a smile dancing across your face.

"wow, it's so pretty! my mom has some flowers like these at my house," you beamed, carefully placing the flower behind your ear. 

"uh-" bakugou started.

"hey y/n! you wanna come play heros' with me? i have to be the hero though," midoriya eagerly tapped your shoulder, unaware of the blonde sitting beside you.

"sure! you wanna come too katsuki?" you asked, already getting up from your spot beneath the slide.

bakugo's nervousness soon grew into anger when he realized that the greenhead was ruining his chances of trying to talk to you.

"i don't wanna play that stupid game with neither of you! gosh, you both are so annoying!" bakugou stomped off, forgetting why he even bothered sitting here in the first place.

──────

   A FEW MONTHS EARLIER      

YOU IDLY CLICKED YOUR PEN, 

laying your head down on your desk. yet you'd never admit it, talking about high school all the time was a little frustrating. you thought you could at least get a break from it once you got to school, but apparently here isn't safe either.

"now that you mention it, didn't midoriya and y/n want to go to U.A as well?"

well that's just great.

the whole class turned their heads towards you and the greenhead, expressions of disbelief across their faces. it wasn't long before the class bursted out into laughter, causing you to sigh and face the window beside you.

"two quirkless shits' like you two!? don't make me laugh!" bakugo yelled as the rest of the class's booming laughter echoed throughout the room.

"th-there's no rule against it or anything! sure, there's no precedent but..." midoriya's shoulders slumped as the class's laughter only grew louder the more he tried to defend you two.

"EAT SHIT DEKU!" explosions emitted from the blonde's palms, scaring poor midoriya out of his seat.

"is your life really that boring that you'd rather pick on the same person every single day?" you turned to face bakugou, narrowing your eyes at him.

it was obvious bakugou was a bit taken back by your words, for you never bothered to stand up for midoriya before. but of course that didn't stop him from thinking up some snarky remark.

"the hell you say to me, smartass?" he stepped closer to you until he slammed both steaming hands onto your desk, inching his face closer to yours.

"that's enough you two," the teacher uttered, giving you both a warning look.

when did bakugou katsuki become such an asshole?