008.

"WHAT'S WITH THE FROWNY FACE TODAY, Y/N?"

hatsume whined, momentarily putting the gadget she was working on on the counter.

you looked up at her for a quick second before moving your focus back onto the piece below you.

"what do you mean? i'm fine." you lied through your teeth, trying your best to make your voice sound as normal as possible.

hatsume gave a look saying she wasn't at all convinced, "really? you're 'fine'?" she narrowed her eyes, adding air quotes around the word "fine".

"yes, hatsume, i'm fine." you sighed, sauntering over to the box of tools across from you. "hey, do you know where the wrench went?" your fingers swiftly searched the the box before hatsume slid it over.

"y/n, you don't have to lie. is this about when i blew up the studio last week? if it is, i totally didn't do it on purpose-"

"no, this isn't about that. in fact, it isn't about anything." you chuckled placing a hand on the pink-haired girls shoulder before grabbing the wrench. 

hatsume gave you a look of worry before there was a knock on the door. "i'll get it." hatsume called out, walking over to the door.

"hey girls!" a cheerful voice filled the room. 

"mina, hey!" hatsume hugged the girl, unconsciously lifting her up off the ground.

"w-wow, you're really..s-strong." mina fought for air as hatsume's arms squeezed it out her lungs.

"ok, hatsume, i don't think we need another unconscious body in the studio." you patted her arm, causing her to apologize and let go.

"huh?" mina widened her eyes.

"mina, i have something i wanted to ask you." you spoke. after a few days of being miserable, you had finally mustered up the strength to help kirishima out. well, attempt to anyway.

you opened the door, holding it open until mina walked out into the hallway.

"what's up?" mina chirped, adjusting the strap to the bag on her shoulder.

"i just have been wondering if, um," you hesitated as mina gave you an expectant stare.

"if you've had your eye on anybody lately?" you sighed, tired of having to beat around the bush and send endless hints. 

"oh! well, i- wait, are you..?" your eyes widened at mina's sudden change in demeanor.

"what?! mina, snap out of it!" you shook her shoulders.

"okay, okay!" mina laughed, leaning in to answer your question. "i've definitely noticed denki sitting closer to me, if that's what you mean." she giggled.

"wait, really?" you lowered your eyebrows in confusion.

"i mean, yeah, if i'm being honest he has been a bit more...y'know?" mina shrugged a shoulder, "oh, and don't tell anybody i'm telling you this because this could literally just be all in my head," she laughed nervously.

"yeah, of course! well, that's it." you smiled.

"great! now that we're done with our mini gossip session, i kind of need you to fix this." mina held up her damaged hero suit wrapped up in a plastic.

──────

YOU WERE CURRENTLY SAT OUT BEHIND THE SCHOOL,

stuffing your mouth with grapes and working on the essay you had stalled on just to get your hopes crushed. which you wouldn't say was worth it at all: (-1/10).

"what the hell are you sitting out here like a creep for?" bakugo seemed to have spawned on the side of you, causing the air to leave your lungs.

"oh my god! i'm the creep?!" you leaned your elbow back onto the grass, staring up at him.

"what are you doing out here?" you questioned with suspicion.

"i'm allowed to walk on school grounds, idiot." he scoffed.

"yeah? well, i'm pretty sure i'm allowed to sit on school grounds." you laughed, placing a grape in your mouth.

you patted the empty space of grass next to you, "sit."

"no."

you narrowed your eyes, "can i ask why not?"

"no." his expression remained all the same.

you rolled your eyes at his childish behavior, "fine, whatever." you went back to typing on your laptop, forgetting about the boys presence until he ended up sitting down next to you.

"i'm only sitting because i want to, not because you told me to." he declared.

"ohh, so you want to sit next me?" you teased, nudging his shoulder.

"just shut up." bakugo grunted, resting his elbows up on his knees.

you laughed and turned your attention back to your laptop screen, sighing as you read over the words.

"you were supposed to finish that yesterday." bakugo tilted his head towards your laptop.

"hm? oh! yeah, i've just been, y'know, having trouble thinking about what to write and stuff." you desperately tried to shrug off and dismiss the upcoming conversation, but it didn't seem to work.

bakugo let out a knowing chuckle, "that the best excuse you can come up with?"

you side-eyed him for a second before leaning your head against the brick wall behind you. "something..happened. with you-know-who?" you turned to bakugo staring at you, half-lidded eyes urging you to continue.

"he called me down...to talk about mina." you whispered, jaw clenched, as you picked at the grass below you.

there was quite a few minutes of silence, which made you want to get up and leave more than anything, until something was finally said.

"you keep clenching your jaw like that and your teeth'll fall out." 

if you'd been paying closer attention, you would've noticed how bakugo's words lacked it's usual lingering hostility. instead, you sent the boy a brief glare, averting your attention back onto the luminous screen of your laptop.